Sleeps 20. 9 Bedrooms. 10 Baths.
El Palacio de San Benito features unforgettable corners full of charm that make this place unique.
Our accommodation is the home of a family in the Sevillian town of Cazalla de la Sierra, one of the most beautiful and full of history places of the Spanish geography. It is the recreation of a past found, and also a hommage to a mother's love and her family. Cazalla was the door of Andalusia and a branch in the Vía de la Plata, a Roman Path and one of the pilgrimage routes of St. James’s way. Precisely San Benito was born as Chapel of the Order of Calatrava of St. Jame’s way.
In the surroundings you can enjoy various activities such as hunting and fishing, hiking, biking and riding tours, massage and aromatherapy, stargazing or bird’s watching.
The Palacio has a communal sauna, outdoor pool, garden, a restaurant and a bar service. Other facilities offered at the property include library, shared lounge, tour desk and luggage storage. You can also enjoy free WiFi, air conditioning, heating and minibar. Each bedroom has his own sofa, a desk , bedding and bath. Four bedrooms out of nine have a private garden.
About the Owner
Manolo Morales, entered very young at the Academy of Arts of Venice, a merit that very few get.
He worked for two years at the Metropolitan Museum of New York, Department of Management, organizing exhibitions such as Van Gogh, Zurbarán, scenery of Andres Segovia and others.
He has done work in many countries, Italy, Monaco, Portugal, United States ...
It has been recognized in January with the cover of Interview magazine Andy Warhol and Gerard Malanga in the United States, being a celebrity in the world of decoration.
He was elected European of the month in New York by the Junior International Club of NY.
From the Owner
“San Benito was built as a hermitage by the order of Calatrava in the end of the XV century. Situated within the entrance of the Sevillian village of Cazalla de la Sierra, in its origin it served as a hospital for pilgrims in their way to Santiago. After the earthquake of Lisbon, in the beginning of the XVI century, the tower-facade and the apse crumbles and is subsequently reconstructed under the direction of Martín de Gaínza and son, finishing with the existing triangular tower, the oldest example in Andalusia.The facade was designed by Hernán Ruiz II, in brick of Triana with a quality fine finish. Reconstruction work was finished in 1576. Manuel Morales de Jodar acquires the property in 1997 jointly with Carlos Marañon, both initiating the restoration and new construction of the actual building. The many years it was abandoned, the distinct uses it was dedicated to after its demystification, made it a difficult and costly recuperation. Elements of a familiar palace, crumbled years back, supplied an assortment of materials used in the newer and adjacent construction, thus resulting in no difference between the new and the primitive, of which the original elements of different epochs conform the history of a new building, with the comfort and technology of the highest grade and the quality of handcrafted arts, of long ago. The spirit of this building resumes in comfort, beauty, history and technology.”
Activity and Interests
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
Let's start the year!
9 Jan 2017 - 28 Feb 2018
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£445|
Room service and breakftast included on rates.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“It's an ancient Palace, so it is really unique. It has been decorated with special care and good taste by the owner, Manuel Morales, an international decorator.”
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Sports & Activities
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 7 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 8 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 9 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 10 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- 9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 24
- Blue Canopy - 1 Large Double Bed, Temporary bed and cot available
- Queen's Room - 2 Single Bed, Temporary bed and cot available
- Infant Room - 1 Large Double Bed, Temporary bed and cot available
- Frederick Castet's Room - 1 Large Double Bed, Temporary bed and cot available
- King's Room - 1 Large Double Bed, Temporary bed and cot available
- Bullfighter's Room - 1 Large Double Bed, Temporary bed and cot available
- Military Room - 1 Large Double Bed, Temporary bed and cot available
- Groom's Room - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Temporary bed and cot available
- Engraved Room - 2 Single Bed, Temporary bed and cot available
- Bicycles ...
- 30 bicycles
- Included in Price
- Booking Possible
- Booking Possible
- Catering available