LOTE 8, APARTMENT 008, QUINTA do MORGADO is a terraced town house split over three floors with a central staircase. It is registered with the local council, in Tavira, registration number, 24647/AL.
THE ACCOMMODATION COMPRISES:
• Two bedrooms; one twin and one double both with built in robes. The double bedroom has a large south-facing balcony.
• Two bathrooms
• Combined living and dining area; with comfortable sofa bed provided in the living area, (newly replaced sofa bed 2016).
• Kitchen with breakfast bar
• Large & private, south facing roof terrace with sea view over rooftops.
• Small private grassed and hedged south-facing garden.
PROVIDED WITHIN THE ACCOMMODATION:
• All bed linen and towels, (except pool/beach towels), cooking equipment, crockery, cutlery etc. for six persons
• Cleaning equipment, iron and ironing board, drying facility.
• Additional baby cot, strap-on highchair, and two stairgates (no additional costs). BABY COT/CRIB IS APPROPRIATE FOR A CHILD UP TO 89cm IN HEIGHT or 14kg.
• Additional furniture for outside living: tables, chairs, sun-loungers etc.
• The kitchen is equipped with a breakfast bar and 2 stools, oven, hob, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster etc
• The property is double glazed throughout with external security shutters and internal fly screens to all doors and windows
• Air con is provided in the living area and bedrooms. Central heating is provided for winter use.
• The living area is equipped with cable TV and DVD Player
• Wi-Fi is provided throughout
• Security combination safe in main bedroom
• Pool passes for six persons
The property is cleaned with new linen provided at arrival and will be similarly cleaned after your departure. It additionally includes, change of towels twice per week,sheets once a week, pillow cases, and kitchen cloths three times per week. DAILY CLEANING IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THE COST.
Any problems with the property can be dealt with via Reception, or by contacting the owner.
ACCESS TO THE PROPERTY WILL BE PROVIDED BY RECEPTION STAFF AT QUINTA do MORGADO. CHECK-IN 14.00. CHECK-OUT 12.00.
The staff are very helpful and are fluent in most European languages.
• Bar and Snack Bar
• Two swimming pools for adults and two swimming pools for children.
Pool side snacks/drinks served during Peak Season.
• Tennis court (small fee is charged on booking, for use of equipment)
• Self Service Laundry
• Supermarket (at the entrance of Quinta do Morgado).
• Shopping Centre "Gran Plaza" approx 5 minutes walk.
* Medical Centre.
* Golf Booking Facility.
TAVIRA and LOCALITY:
Tavira is an ideal place to stay and to use as a base to explore the East Algarve area. Quinta do Morgado is just 35 minutes’ drive from Faro airport, and 25 minutes’ drive to the Spanish border.
The condominium is set within beautiful landscaped gardens with many sub-tropical plants and old olive trees. The grounds are cleaned and tended daily with security patrol at night.
Tavira is one of the most charming & unspoilt towns on the Algarvian coast. It has so many different aspects to offer, sightseeing in both Portugal and Spain with towns steeped in history, all set in spectacular scenery. An endless choice of activities includes golf, fishing, horse riding, sailing, windsurfing, scuba diving, cycling etc. Many of the blue flag beaches are minutes from the villa. There are many quality golf courses to choose from, the nearest is the prestigious 18 hole Benamor golf, 5 minutes’ drive from the house.
Tavira town is unspoilt, with cobblestone streets and many restaurants, shops bars and terraces straddling the Gilão river, it is regarded as the Algarve’s prettiest town, and exudes an authentic Portuguese charm. Big hotels are few, churches are many, fishing boats crowd the river and everyone has time to dawdle. Our house is a 15 minute walk into the old town centre.
The ‘Gran Plaza’ is a modern covered shopping precinct just 5 minutes walk from our house. There are numerous quality contemporary shops and stores, a large ‘Continente’ supermarket, good selection of eating facilities and cinema. All with free covered parking and climate controlled internal environment.
Tavira beach is 12 km long and forms part of the Ria Formosa National Park. It is located on Tavira Island and is accessed by a short, and regular river ferry ride.
TRAVELLING and GETTING AROUND:
Most people collect a hire-car at Faro airport; driving is safe and car hire is good value.
Alternatively it is easy and cheap to get around using local transport. A taxi from the Airport to Tavira will cost approximately 60 euros. Taxis around Tavira are safe, clean, numerous and good value.
A local bus takes a circular route around Tavira town and its outskirt throughout the day; the bus stop is close to the entrance of the condominium, on the opposite side of the roundabout. Additionally buses also stop outside the condominium that travel daily along the coast in both directions.
A good train service runs throughout the day along the Algarve coast, allowing you to explore many more places of interest further along the coast at a reasonable cost.
A VARIETY OF DAY TRIPS ARE AVAILABLE TO BOOK VIA RECEPTION, for examples, SLIDE & SPLASH and AQUALAND.
USE OF THE PROPERTY:
We request that guests respect our home. We understand that accidents happen and we would hope that any breakages are reported to us to enable us to provide a complete facility for the next guests.
Towels within the accommodation must not be used at the beach or around the pool. Beach/pool towels can be purchased locally at reasonable price.
We request that no smoking takes place inside the house.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
TAVIRA-OUT OF SEASON
For those visitors who are unaware, the difference between the Algarve in high-season and out-of high-season is considerable; Tavira is no exception.
In the high-season, the town and locality is buzzing with family holiday-makers enjoying all the facilities that the area provides.
Out-of high-season, a quiet and laid-back mood descends on the town. The vast majority of tourists have left. Those tourists that do remain are there to enjoy the quiet atmosphere.
The weather remains reasonably sunny and warm throughout the year and attracts northern Europeans escaping the harsh winter months.
With its historic architecture, varied wildlife, vast beaches and friendly locals, the area takes on a very different ambience and makes an ideal base to relax and explore at leisure.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Apr 2017 - 31 May 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Jun 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Oct 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Nov 2017 - 31 Mar 2018
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
25% non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking to secure & confirm reservation, balance payable 8 weeks before arrival. If booking 8 weeks or less prior to arrival, full amount is payable. No refunds for cancellation notice of 4 weeks or less.
Book and PAY ONLINE with Owners Direct in GBP or alternatively you may book directly with the owner to pay by BANK TRANSFER in GBP, or EURO. All bank charges (if any) for money transfer are to be paid by the holiday maker.
A refundable security deposit of £200 is payable to cover any damages & extra cleaning. This deposit is fully refundable within 21 days at the end of your stay if there are no damages/ extra cleaning, loss, etc.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We have been visiting Portugal for a number of years, usually staying in Lagos, Western Algarve. However, our friends who also have been a regular visitor to Portugal for over fifteen years told us about Tavira, Eastern Algarve. We were invited to stay with them in their beautiful home, Nov 2013, and we instantly fell in love with the area. Tavira and its surrounding area have a lot of charm and is away from the hustle and bustle of busier towns. Everyone is friendly and you are greeted with a warm 'Bom dia/boa tard/boa noite.”
- Away From It All
- Holiday Complex
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Pool Table ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 113 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Additional storage is available next to bathroom number 2.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Main Bedroom: Equipped with double bed, fitted robes, air condition, free standing reading lamp and a comfortable 2 seater sofa chair. Bedroom leads to a south facing balcony, equipped with coffee table and 2 chairs. There is a security combination safe inside of the wardrobe. Second Bedroom: Equipped with 2 single beds, fitted robes, and air condition. There is also a sofa-bed in the living room which converts into a comfortable double bed (newly replaced February 2016).
- Balcony ...
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Tennis ...
- 1 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- BOOKINGS: A 25% non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking to secure & confirm reservation, balance payable 8 weeks before arrival. If booking 8 weeks or less prior to arrival full amount is payable. No refunds for cancellation notice of 4 weeks or less. SECURITY DEPOSIT. A refundable security deposit of £200 is payable to cover any damages & extra cleaning. This deposit is fully refundable within 21 days at the end of your stay if there are no damages/ extra cleaning, loss etc. We would appreciate smoking outside of our home. All bank charges for money transfer are to be paid by the holiday maker. We request that guests do not remove towels from the accommodation for the beach or pool use. Beach/pool towels can be bought in the town centre or at the local supermarket. THERE IS A MEDICAL CENTRE ON SITE, WHICH IS LOCATED NEAR THE TENNIS COURT.