3C at Helford Passage. Sleeps 6. Close to river. Shared use of outdoor pool.
3C is a first-floor apartment in the courtyard at Helford Passage, and is in a perfect position for catching both the morning and early evening sun. The Old Sail Loft originally housed the sails of the boats that were moored around the Helford Passage. It was later converted into staff accommodation for the Ferryboat Inn, and later still, into holiday lets.
3C is beautifully decorated in simple shades throughout, giving it a light and spacious feel. There's a large comfy sofa in the living room, and an extendable table in the dining area, which opens out for lazy family breakfasts, and closes up again to give maximum floor space for the children to play. You'll find some books, board games and craft activities tucked away in the living room cupboard.
There is an open doorway into the kitchenette, with it's terracotta tiling and warm beech units. It's compact, but contains everything you need for keeping the family happy for a week.
The main bedroom has a king-sized bed and ample storage in the form of built-in wardrobes. There's an en-suite with both a bath and overhead shower, tiled in clean white, with some nautical touches. The second bedroom has a set of wooden bunk beds, and the third is a single. It's worth mentioning that the mattresses in all three rooms are deep and firm, a great choice if you have a back that needs nurturing!You'll find a second, family bathroom with a shower cubicle. Both bathrooms have heated towel rails to keep everyone's towels warm and dry.
Outside, there is a balcony with wooden table and chairs - a perfect spot for a relaxing early evening glass of something cold.
There is private parking for one vehicle, and there will be a welcome pack of Cornish Smugglers tea, Taylors coffee, milk, Cornish Fairing biscuits, and a bottle of wine awaiting your arrival.
There is a returnable £100 deposit against damages on this property.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Helford Passage is about a mile from the village of Mawnan Smith. It's on the river - the Helford, of course, with a lovely sandy beach, and direct access onto the coastal path. We've got the Ferryboat Inn on site, which specialises in local seafood dishes and exquisite hot chocolates with Baileys Cream. It holds regular music nights, quizzes and other events during the year, including the Helford Passage Regatta in early August.
You could hire a rowing boat or kayak for the day at the Helford Passage kiosk, or book some paddle boarding lessons. If, like me, you're a lazy sun-worshipper, then stretch out on the beach with the latest blockbuster and a locally made Roskilly's Chocolate Brownie and Marshmallow ice cream, or a bag of warm, buttery popcorn. Browse through Sarah's Shop @ the Beach, for locally made jewellery, quirky gifts, and the children's all-essential, beachside bucket and spades.
We've got an outdoor, heated swimming pool on site too, with poolside loungers, chairs and parasols. It's in a secure area behind a coded gate, so it's safe for the little ones.
From the kiosk, you can catch the foot ferry across to Helford Village, meander up the leafy path to the Shipwrights Arms and enjoy a homemade pasty and a glass of cold, Cornish cider. If you fancy something a little more energetic, you could wander along the river shore and explore Daphne Du Maurier's Frenchman's Creek. The ferry runs into the evening during the season so there's no rush back - take your time, relax and enjoy.
- One set of bed linen included. Free WIFI. Access to heated outdoor swimming pool. Welcome essentials pack.
Option of extra bed linen and nmidstay clean (Bathrooms and kitchen)
- Damage deposit: £100.00
- Available arrival
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- 0 m²
- Family bathroom - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- 2 bathrooms - Family bathroom with walk-in shower cubicle. En-suite with bath and overhead electric shower.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Master bedroom
- Second Bedroom - One set of bunk beds.
- Third bedroom.
- 3 bedrooms: 1 double, 1 set of bunks and one single bed.
- 3C, The Old Sail Loft, is a lovely first-floor apartment, situated in the courtyard at Helford Passage, just moments away from the Ferryboat Inn and beach. It sleeps five in three bedrooms, and has two bathrooms, making it a perfect choice for a busy family. There is a balcony outside, with a wooden table and chairs, ideal for relaxing in the sunshine with a glossy magazine and a glass of cold white wine.There is a returnable £100 deposit against damages on this property, and one designated space in the residents' car park. Shared use of the outdoor, heated swimming pool with loungers, chairs and parasols poolside.