Pirates Den, 2 bedrooms, sleeps 5, Helford Passage. Outdoor pool. Stunning river
Pirates Den is a stylish apartment at Helford Passage just moments away from the Ferryboat Inn and beach. It's been tastefully decorated throughout in neutral colours and natural fabrics which appeal to everyone's taste.
There's a bedroom downstairs with a set of bunks and a single bed, all dressed in bright red and blue, with lots of scatter cushions in fun fabrics. The beds all have reading lamps and there's a large wooden wardrobe with internal drawers. You'll find the bathroom next door with both a bath and shower to suit everyone's needs. There's a heated towel rail and an airing cupboard for drying off those damp beach towels. There are even hooks in the external porch for hanging up wetsuits.
Upstairs and along the newly laminated hallway, is the master bedroom. It's got a queen-size bed, built-in wardrobe and tiled vanity area. It's all been styled in muted, earthy tones which feel calm and relaxing. Along the corridor and you'll find yourself in the large open-plan living and dining area. The kitchen is beautifully equipped, all tucked away behind contemporary units. The dining area comfortably seats five, and you'll find a cupboard full of games for the family to play. From the living area, you'll have one of the best views of the resort. Two large sofas in an L-shape look out onto the river and the kiosk. You'll even find a pair of binoculars on the window sill for birdwatching. There's Catch Up television too, so you can enjoy an evening in the Ferryboat and still catch your favourite drama series.
You'll have use of the heated, outdoor swimming pool.
There is a returnable £100 deposit against damages on Pirates Den, and one designated space in the residents' car park.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Helford Passage is about a mile from the village of Mawnan Smith. It's on the river - the Helford, of course, with a lovely sandy beach, and direct access onto the coastal path. We've got the Ferryboat Inn on site, which specialises in local seafood dishes and exquisite hot chocolates with Baileys Cream. It hosts regular music nights, quizzes and other events during the year, including the Helford Passage Regatta in early August.
You could hire a rowing boat or kayak for the day at the Helford Passage kiosk, or book some paddle boarding lessons. If, like me, you're a lazy sun-worshipper, then stretch out on the beach with the latest blockbuster and a locally made Roskilly's Chocolate Brownie and Marshmallow ice cream, or a bag of warm, buttery popcorn. Browse through Sarah's Shop @ the Beach, for locally made jewellery, quirky gifts, and the children's all-essential, beach-side bucket and spades.
We've got an outdoor, heated swimming pool on site too, with poolside loungers, chairs and parasols. It's in a secure area behind a coded gate, so it's safe for the little ones.
From the kiosk, you can catch the foot ferry across to Helford Village, meander up the leafy path to the Shipwrights Arms and enjoy a home-made pasty and a glass of cold, Cornish cider. If you fancy something a little more energetic, you could wander along the river shore and explore Daphne Du Maurier's Frenchman's Creek. The ferry runs into the evening during the season so there's no rush back - take your time, relax and enjoy.
- One set of bed linen and towels are included - one bath and one hand towel per guest. If you'd like more, please ring the office, as we have a small supply of spares for hire.
Access to out door heated swimming pool.
- Contractual booking deposit: 20.00% rent
- Damage deposit: £100.00
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- 0 m²
- Family bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- One family bathroom with bath and overhead electric shower.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Master bedroom - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Second Bedroom - 3 Single Bed, One set of bunks and one single bed.
- One double room with king-size bed. Second bedroom has one set of bunks and a single bed
- Pirates Den is a stylish apartment at Helford Passage, just moments away from the Ferryboat Inn and the beach. It has 2 bedrooms sleeping 5 in total, and one family bathroom. Stunning views of the river. The apartment is beautifully presented and well-equipped. Shared use of the heated, outdoor swimming pool with sun loungers, tables and parasols poolside. There is a £100 deposit against damages on Pirates Den, and one designated space in the residents' car park