3 bed apartment at Maenporth Beach. Use of swimming pool. Own patio.
Number 52 Upper Stables is a spacious, end-of-terrace apartment on the Maenporth Estate. It's in a great location - close to the leisure facilities, only a few minutes' from the beach and just a ten-minute drive to the bustling town of Falmouth. The property has benefited from a recent refurbishment, and is currently looking fresh and inviting.
The large open-plan living and dining area makes great use of the space at the back of the apartment. The French doors open onto the stone-tiled terrace; it's a lovely, quiet spot for a lazy breakfast with the newspapers, or an early evening barbeque with the family and a chilled bottle of wine. Or pull out a lounger and stretch out in the sun for a peaceful afternoon while the children play on the grass. Because 52 Upper Stables is an end-of-terrace, you'll only have one neighbour, making this apartment particularly secluded and quiet.Back inside, the downstairs has been laminated throughout, making it easy to keep the sand under control. There are two huge, comfy sofas for snuggling into at the end of a long day wandering around the Eden Project. The dining table will easily seat six for a Cornish Cream Tea or a noisy game of gin rummy. You'll find a selection of family board games in the bookcase by the stairs. The kitchen has been styled from traditional pine, making it feel warm and cosy. It's a family kitchen, one where the children can help prepare an apple crumble or a pirate's picnic for the beach.
There's also a shower room and toilet on this floor which helps to ease the queues when everyone arrives home from the beach, sticky with sun-cream.
Upstairs, and you'll find the master bedroom. There's a new 6ft zip-and-link bed in here so you can choose to slumber in a super-king bed or have it unzipped and opt for two twins. Please let us know your preference at the time of booking. The room is decorated in a cool linen colour with touches of lavender and soft blue, making the atmosphere tranquil and relaxing. There's also a twin room up here and a bedroom with bunks. You'll find plenty of storage in the pine wardrobes and drawer units.
The family bathroom has just been refurbished and now has a sparkling, modern suite with bath and overhead shower unit, all with chrome accessories. You've got heated towel rails in this bathroom and the downstairs shower room, to keep all your bath towels warm and dry.
We'll have a welcome hamper ready for your arrival - a bottle of red wine, Taylors filter coffee, Smugglers tea, milk and a selection of Cornish biscuits.
There is a returnable £100 deposit against damages required on this property.
You'll have 29 cares of established gardens to explore, plus full use of the estate's leisure facilities.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
The Maenporth Estate is just two miles from Falmouth and overlooks the beautiful Maenporth Beach. It's a private complex with a coded entrance gate, making it safe and secure for all guests.
Set in 29 acres of natural woodland, with stunning views of the cove, it's a perfect base for family holidays. You'll find two all-weather tennis courts, a children's play area, and, of course, the Leisure Centre where we have our indoor, heated pool, sauna and Jacuzzi. There are pool and table tennis tables - all free of charge.
The famous award-winning Cove Restaurant is on site, or if you'd prefer something simple, try the Life's a Beach Cafe - you guessed it, on Maenporth beach, for fresh crab sandwiches or a Cornish clotted cream ice-cream. Two miles along the coast and you'll come across Helford Passage and the wonderful Ferryboat Inn which specialises in serving local seafood dishes. From here you can catch the foot ferry across to Helford Village, or hire a rowing boat or paddle board for the afternoon.
Maenporth's a sheltered cove with shallow waters, making it perfect for all kinds of family beach activities: the little ones will love paddling, splashing daddy, and clambering through rock pools. There's plenty of sand and piles of pebbles for sand castle building, and beautiful clear water for swimming.
Arvor Sea Kayaking offer guided kayaking trips throughout the year, and Cornwall Divers will take you on a scuba diving course from the beach! And, at low tide, you may spot the famous Scottish trawler, Ben Asdale, that was wrecked off the Maenporth coast on 30th December 1978.
The nearest town is Falmouth - the third largest natural harbour in the world - take a boat trip along the Carrick Waters to a smuggler's cottage, or hop on the ferry to St Mawes. Visit the Maritime Museum, great for children with its hands-on approach. Catch some Grand Medieval Jousting at Pendennis Castle. Or simply sit with a cold glass of white wine and watch the boats glide by.
Whatever you choose to do, you'll be sure to unwind from the stresses of life, and simply relax...
- One set of bed linen, and towels are included - one bath and one hand towel per person. Should you need extra, please ring us in the office, as we keep a small supply for hire.
Free access to leisure centre & tennis courts.
Welcome essentials pack.
Options for extra linens and mid-stay clean ( kitchen and bathrooms).
- Contractual booking deposit: 20.00% rent
- Damage deposit: £100.00
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- Indoor Pool
- 0 m²
- Family bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- One family bathroom with bath and overhead shower. One downstairs shower room with toilet.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Master bedroom - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 6ft zip and link - can be made up as super-king or two twins
- Twin room - 2 Single Bed
- Bunk room. - 2 Single Bed
- One master bedroom with 6ft zip-and-link - either a super-king or two twins. One twin room. One room with bunks,
- Number 52 Upper Stables is a spacious, end-of-terrace apartment on the Maenporth Estate. It's in an ideal location as it's close to the leisure centre, a few minutes' from the beach and a ten-minute drive to the bustling seaside town of Falmouth. It sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms and has one family bathroom, plus a downstairs shower room. The property has recently been refurbished. Patio doors lead from the living room onto a tiled terrace where you can enjoy a leisurely lunch. You have 29 acres of gardens to wander through, plus you'll have full use of the leisure facilities, including a heated indoor swimming pool. There is a refundable £100 deposit against damages required on this property.