Maenporth Beach, sleeps 6, homely apartment with sea views and patio area.
Number 62 Lower Maen Cottage is a spacious, end-of-terrace apartment on the Maenporth Estate. It's in an ideal location as it's close to the leisure centre, a few minutes' walk from the beach and a ten-minute drive to the bustling seaside town of Falmouth. It's decorated throughout in neutral shades but with lots of colour and personality in the soft furnishings.
Step through the door and you'll find the downstairs loo - exactly what you need after a long journey! Further down the hall, you'll find the large living and dining area, both traditionally styled with warm, pine furniture and matching fabrics. There are two large sofas and one armchair with plenty of scatter cushions, and a footstool for optimum relaxation after a busy day on the beach. There are many everyday touches here which really make the cottage feel like home; there's a bookcase bursting with interesting reads, plus some plants and shelves of pretty ceramics. You'll feel comfortable here. The dining table seats six in comfort for a leisurely evening supper over a bottle of wine or a riotous, family game of Monopoly. Again, the kitchen reflects tradition with timeless, wooden units and beige wall tiles. It's a kitchen of home cooked food, made with love.
Upstairs and you'll see the master bedroom with stunning views of the sea. It's decorated in a soft peach with burnt orange accessories which gives the room a rosy glow. There's an en-suite shower and loo next door with soft apricot and grey marbled tiles. The twin and bunk rooms have garden views. The family bathroom, styled to match the en-suite, has both a bath and overhead shower. You'll also have a heated towel rail to keep your swimming towels warm and dry.
Downstairs again and out through the patio doors and onto the terrace. There's a large outdoor table and chairs here for sunny breakfasts of creamy scrambled eggs and crisp bacon, plus a couple of loungers for stretching out and basking in the heat.
We'll have a welcome hamper of red wine, Taylors rich filter coffee, Smugglers tea, milk and a sample of Cornish biscuits ready for your arrival. There is also a returnable £100 deposit against damages required on this property.
There are 29 acres of established gardens for you to explore, plus you'll have full use of the leisure facilities, including the indoor, heated swimming pool.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
The Maenporth Estate is just two miles from Falmouth and overlooks the beautiful Maenporth Beach. It's a private complex with a coded entrance gate, making it safe and secure for all guests.
Set in 29 acres of natural woodland, with stunning views of the cove, it's a perfect base for family holidays. You'll find two all-weather tennis courts, a children's play area, and, of course, the Leisure Centre where we have our indoor, heated pool, sauna and Jacuzzi. There are pool and table tennis tables - all free of charge.
The famous award-winning Cove Restaurant is on site, or if you'd prefer something simple, try the Life's a Beach Cafe - you guessed it, on Maenporth beach, for fresh crab sandwiches or a Cornish clotted cream ice-cream. Two miles along the coast and you'll come across Helford Passage and the wonderful Ferryboat Inn which specialises in serving local seafood dishes. From here you can catch the foot ferry across to Helford Village, or hire a rowing boat or paddle board for the afternoon.
Maenporth's a sheltered cove with shallow waters, making it perfect for all kinds of family beach activities: the little ones will love paddling, splashing daddy, and clambering through rock pools. There's plenty of sand and piles of pebbles for sandcastle building, and beautiful clear water for swimming.
Arvor Sea Kayaking offer guided kayaking trips throughout the year, and Cornwall Divers will take you on a scuba diving course from the beach! And, at low tide, you may spot the famous Scottish trawler, Ben Asdale, that was wrecked off the Maenporth coast on 30th December 1978.
The nearest town is Falmouth - the third largest natural harbour in the world - take a boat trip along the Carrick Waters to a smuggler's cottage, or hop on the ferry to St Mawes. Visit the Maritime Museum, great for children with its hands-on approach. Catch some Grand Medieval Jousting at Pendennis Castle. Or simply sit with a cold glass of white wine and watch the boats glide by.
Whatever you choose to do, you'll be sure to unwind from the stresses of life, and simply relax...
- One set of bed linen and towels are included - one bath and one hand towel per guest. If you need more, please ring the office, as we have a small supply for hire.
Free access to leisure centre & tennis courts.
Welcome essentials pack.
Options for extra linen and mid-stay clean ( kitchen and bathrooms)
- Contractual booking deposit: 20.00% rent
- Damage deposit: £100.00
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- Indoor Pool
- Ocean View
- 0 m²
- Family bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- En-suite shower room - Toilet, Outdoor Shower
- One family bathroom with bath and overhead shower. One en-suite with shower cubicle plus toilet.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Master bedroom - 1 Double Bed
- Twin room - 2 Single Bed
- Bunk room. - 2 Single Bed
- One double. One twin room. One room with set of bunks.
- Number 62 Lower Maen Cottage is a spacious, end-of-terrace apartment on the Maenporth Estate. It's in an ideal location as it's close to the leisure centre, a few minutes' walk from the beach and a ten-minute drive to the bustling seaside town of Falmouth. It sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms and has one family bathroom, one en-suite, plus a downstairs loo. Patio doors lead from the living room onto a tiled terrace where you can enjoy a leisurely lunch at the patio table or pull up a lounger for relaxing in the sun. You have 29 acres of gardens to wander through, plus you'll have full use of the leisure facilities, including the indoor, heated swimming pool. There's a returnable £100 deposit against damages on this property.