La Mouette, beautiful property in Falmouth, sleeps 6, harbour views.
La Mouette is a beautifully presented property in the heart of Falmouth - close enough to walk into town, yet just far enough away to avoid the bustle if you're looking for a peaceful afternoon in the garden. Inside has been decorated to a high standard in muted tones which lend an atmosphere of sophistication and luxury.
Step through the front door into a spacious hallway decorated in clean white and sage-green. You'll see a period staircase with custom-built stair gates to keep the little ones safe. To the right is the kitchen, recently improved, and containing everything you could possible need for a comfortable stay. The lounge has a huge corner-sofa, covered in soft scatter cushions, perfect for snuggling in the evening. French doors lead onto the terrace, and you'll find the dining room across the hall. The wooden table and chairs will easily fit six for an early evening supper, or a noisy game of Trivial Pursuits.
There's a double bedroom on this level: painted in rose-pink, it has stunning views and French doors that open onto the terrace. The family bathroom is packed with personality from those bright blue-green tiles. There's a bath in here and a hand-held shower attachment. You'll find a small office on the ground-floor. It's tucked away, making for a quiet space, and has a work station for your laptop, plus shelves for your books or paperwork. Nobody likes the idea of a working holiday, but if you have to finish a project or spend some time revising for an exam, then it's a perfect spot.
Upstairs, and you'll find the master bedroom with its glorious king-size bed under the eaves, and a modern stained-glass window. The views across the water really are breathtaking. There's a small en-suite shower room which has recently been refurbished and benefits from being fully tiled. The third bedroom, across the hallway, has a 'zip and link' bed: it can either be made up as two single beds, or zipped together to make a super-king. Decorated in clean white with a sage-green accent wall, it's a peaceful, relaxing bedroom.
Back downstairs and into the garden which has a grassed area and a paved terrace with a barbecue and a large, wooden picnic table. It's a lovely spot for catching the early evening sun, enjoying the superb views of Falmouth Harbour, and winding down over a lazy supper and a bottle of something chilled.
We'll have a welcome hamper ready for your arrival. Towels are provided for each guest. There is a returnable £200 deposit against damages on this property.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Spend the week in Falmouth - the third largest natural harbour in the world - take a boat trip along the Carrick Waters to a smuggler's cottage, or hop on the ferry to St Mawes. Visit the Maritime Museum, great for children with its hands-on approach. Catch some Medieval jousting at Pendennis Castle. Or simply sit with a cold glass of white wine and watch the boats glide by.
Indulge yourself with a delicious, locally made ice cream or mango and passion fruit sorbet. Lose yourself in a luxurious Cornish Clotted Cream Tea - jam first please, we're Cornish! Try a bottle of Rattler's Cider, or a pint of Betty Stogs.
Mosey though the town's eclectic mix of art galleries, bistros and gift shops. Try a Ghost Walk at dusk! Snooze on Gyllingvase Beach in the sun. Get your feet wet from a wild array of watersports - sailing, snorkelling, coasteering, kayaking, or stand-up paddle-boarding.
Look out for Falmouth Week, UB40 or Jools Holland and his Rhythm and Blues Band performing in Events Square. Come and sing along with The Fisherman's Friends at the International Sea Shanty Festival. And if you're brave, try your hand at a bit of schucking down at the Oyster Festival in October.
Falmouth has so much going on, you could spend the week here, but it's also an ideal base for exploring this part of Cornwall; Truro, the Duchy's capital, is only thirty minutes' away by car, or try Helston, home of the Furry Dance and the gateway onto the Lizard Peninsula. Wherever you go, you're sure of a proper Cornish welcome, and the chance to simply relax.
- One set of bed linen included and towels are. Free Wifi, Welcome essentials pack.
Options for extra linens and midstay clean ( kitchen and bathrooms)
- Damage deposit: £200.00
- Ocean View
- 0 m²
- Family bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- En-suite shower room - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- One family bathroom with bath and hand-held shower attachment. One en-suite shower room.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Master bedroom - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Third bedroom - 1 Double Bed
- Second bedroom - Twins or queen-size bed. - 1 Large Double Bed, 2 Single Bed
- One bedroom with king-size bed. One double with double bed One bedroom with zip and link bed, so ca be super-king size, or a set of twin beds.
- La Mouette, a beautifully presented property in Falmouth, has superb views of Carrick Roads and Falmouth Harbour. It has 3 bedrooms and sleeps a maximum of 6 guests. There is a family bathroom downstairs, and an en-suite shower room next to the master bedroom upstairs. You'll find a separate dining room and a quiet office if you need to check your emails while you are away. It's been awarded a 4 Star rating by Quality in Tourism. The garden is fully enclosed and has a grassed area, plus a terrace with a barbecue and large picnic table. You can park in the driveway or inside the double garage. Towels are provided for each guest. There is a returnable £200 deposit against damages on La Mouette. .