Stunning Stone Cottage Faye La Vineuse - 5km From the Historic Town of Richelieu
La Vieille Echoppe “The Old Shop” Faye La Vineuse
Taking its name from the former village shop, we have designed our Bijou French Retreat to provide versatility for guests to enjoy a quiet, private, beautifully interior designed retreat. It accommodates up to four guests with beautiful aspects and enjoying stunning Church views. We feel that our Bijou French Retreat ideally suits two guests situated in the perfect Loire Region and just 5 km from the historic town of Richelieu. Our main house sits within the gardens opposite your retreat, but all the stunning gardens are for you and your guests to enjoy privately, as we never holiday while we have guests staying.
Top Traveller Review
Charming, private, functional
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, we worked very hard to make our Gite welcoming and insuring that our attention to detail was top of our list. when renovating.
You are correct it is so beautifully placed for all our the stunning locations in France and the garden is so lovely especially with the church bells tolling in the background.
Thank you once again.
About the Owner
About The Owner
Jackie a former owner of a successful holiday letting company and was able to combine interior design and project management skills for her clients. Now turning her skills and passion for interiors to this stunning French Retreat.
Tim who owned his own construction company for over 30 years and achieved high accolades as the " Green apple Award," which recognises environmentally friendly building techniques, also turned his passion and skill to our French Home.
The Owner purchased this cottage in 2013
Why The Owner chose Indre-et-Loire
In 2013 Jackie and her husband Tim bought a beautiful French house in the Loire valley, situated close to the stunning Town of Richelieu, with easy travelling time form the French ports, and just far enough south to enjoy the stunning weather, we found our dream.
Our joy has been to renovate this separate Gite which sits with in the private gardens of the main house. The Gite has been loving restored to now incorporates two bedrooms, beautifully designed and interiors that are fitting to its surroundings. Once a tiny shop in the village of Faye La Vineuse , La Vielle Echoppe meaning “the old Shop "has now been completed offering a beautiful Niche for guests looking to enjoy all the stunning surroundings and gastronomic delights of this fabulous region.
(5 traveller reviews)
Charming, private, functional
Faye la Vineuse is an exceptional holiday letting. It is beautifully renovated in a quiet medieval hamlet. There is a lovely garden, It is excellent for the elderly, close to the attractions of Chinon and the chateaux of the Loire valley.Highly recommended.
Peace and Quiet
We stayed for a week in this very quiet and peaceful home. There is much to see and do in this part of the Loire and we enjoyed visiting chateaux, river swimming, wine tasting and wandering around the wonderful local towns along the Loire. Richelieu is a beautiful place to have on your doorstep. The village is very quiet (apart from the church bells which we grew to love) and we went for lovely walks through the countryside. This area has a great combination of real agriculture and countryside together with culture. The house was very clean, well equipped and has a very pretty interior. The essentials in the fridge were very appreciated as was the advice given by Nick on arrival. A great place to stay.
Little Corner of Paradise!
We stayed in this beautifully renovated Gite for a long weekend for a well deserved break. We couldn't have asked for nicer surroundings to relax and take in the beautiful village and neighbouring towns. The Gite itself, has everything that you might need, is comfortable, and decorated beautifully. The best part is sitting in bed in the morning listening to the church bells chime as the sun seeps in through the shuttered windows! Thanks Jackie and Tim for a lovely time at your home. We will be back!
We had a lovely stay here with all mod cons in beautiful surroundings in a lovely part of France. The owners are delightful and we have no hesitation in recommending this peaceful place.
Great and relaxing
Very clean. Full of all luxuries anyone would need. The owners were charming. Lovely unspoiled part of France. We will be back.
From the Owner
“In 2013 Jackie and her husband Tim bought a beautiful French house in the Loire valley, situated close to the stunning Town of Richelieu, with easy travelling time form the French ports, and just far enough south to enjoy the stunning weather, we found our dream. Our joy has been to renovate this separate Gite which sits with in the private gardens of the main house. The Gite has been loving restored to now incorporates two bedrooms, beautifully designed and interiors that are fitting to its surroundings. Once a tiny shop in the village of Faye La Vineuse , La Vielle Echoppe meaning “the old Shop "has now been completed offering a beautiful Niche for guests looking to enjoy all the stunning surroundings and gastronomic delights of this fabulous region.”
Activity and Interests
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Gite is not suitable for young children
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- botanical garden
- horse riding
- sight seeing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom Located next to the first bedroom. This room provides Towels for each guest. Large Shower W/C Vanity Unit, Pearl tiles creating a fabulous back splash, Shaver point. Window (obscured) overlooking garden Heated Towel Rail. En-suite to Ground floor bedroom Towels for each guest Large Shower W/c Vanity Unit (Shaver points) Heated Towel Rail
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, Beautifully designed by maintaining that French chic
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, Pastel shades, to compliment the Gardens.
- The first bedroom is located on the first floor and has stunning views towards the church, which sits in the centre Faye La Vineuse village. This room provides Double French Bed for guests Beautiful Linen, all provided Electric panel heater The Interiors of the room are all that you could ask of this class of retreat. Church Bells chime on the hour, half hour and “Call to Prayer”. Chimes are at 8am, Midday and 7pm. Please be aware that you will hear them, but for me it is the Magic of France at its best. The Garden Bedroom “Le Jardin Chambre” Located on the ground floor with double French Doors, leading into the private gardens. This room provides, Wrought Iron, Double Bed. Beautiful Linen all provided. Stunning fabrics and interiors to compliment its “Jardin” location. Electric panel heater Door to Lounge/Dining room. En-suite Towels for each guest Large Shower W/c Vanity Unit (Shaver points) Heated Towel Rail
- Terrace ...
- Garden ...
- Our utility room provides extra space for shopping , large freezer, extra fridge. washing facilities.