2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4
This property is professionally managed by Ivy Lettings, specialists in central London vacation rentals since 2009. More information on this home can be found on our website at www.ivylettings.com/sut. If you'd like to book it, please know that it'll be cheaper to book via our website than booking on HomeAway (and it's easier for our systems to handle!). Here's a video of reviews from some of our clients: https://vimeo.com/90745841
This comfortable apartment is set within the regal architecture, elegant parks and lines of terraced stucco-fronted houses of Pimlico. Welcome to Sutherland Street, a charming home from home found just a short walk from Sloane Square. Ivy Lettings highly recommends this London vacation rental to families and groups.
Living & Eating
The cosy living room is the perfect spot for relaxation after a long day in the city, complete with comfortable sofa and arm chairs, and a decorative fireplace. The bright kitchen is fully equipped for the chef of the party to whip up dinners at home, with dining to seat four..
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
The master bedroom is spacious with a UK king size bed (5ft wide) and dressing table. The second bedroom offers twin singles. The family bathroom is comprehensively fitted, with a shower over bath, washbasin and WC.
Access & Layout
This apartment is on the top floor of the building, the fourth floor. There is an elevator, but please note there is a small flight of stairs in the entrance hall which leads to the elevator. The apartment itself is set across one floor.
On Your Doorstep
Sutherland Street is just a 15 minute walk from Sloane Square tube station, and 8 minutes from Pimlico tube.
Top Traveller Review
Great location..plenty of room and flat well equiped.
About the Manager
About Ivy Lettings
My name is Guy and and I, along with my small dedicated team based in Chelsea, London, manage a collection of handpicked London homes.
We've been doing this since 2009 and have accommodated many thousands of happy guests in my portfolio of 120+ central London houses and apartments.
We promise that our team will act in a friendly and professional manner towards you at all times, and will be on hand to deal with any queries and comments.
We will ensure all our properties, while varied and characterful, will be professionally cleaned prior to your stay, and furnished to a high standard throughout.
Ivy Lettings purchased this apartment in 2012
What makes this apartment unique
- super-fast enquiry response time, 7 days a week
- personal check in during business hours
- professional cleaning and home preparation by our team of dedicated housekeepers
- 5* hotel standard linen and towels and sundries
- 7 day/week maintenance support
(7 traveller reviews)
Cozy London flat conveniently located!
My family (teenage niece, teenage son, teenage daughter and me) enjoyed our stay in Flat J. The directions to acquire the keys were spot on, and the directions to the flat were also perfect.
The flat is well appointed and exactly the right size for four or fewer. It would have been nice to have more blankets, but once we figured out the heat it was fine. Although there was a fireplace and the booklet explained how to use it, it didn't work for us. The dishwasher, microwave, top oven and washing machine all worked as expected, but we had to dry out clothing with two full cycles to get them dry.
We cooked fairly often, but we're limited by the utensils (no ladle or large pans).
The bathroom was very nice, but the short glass door caused a bit more water to hit the floor than would have been ideal.
There was ample closet space in each room. . We were surprised that there wasn't an entry closet or mat for wet shoes, coats and umbrellas.
Having wifi was amazing as we were able to share photos and connect with friends and family.
All in all - it was comfortable and a great home away from home for the week. We would definitely stay again and recommend it to friends traveling to London on holiday!!
Fair price & good location; management needs improvement
I rented this flat for myself, my husband and two teenage daughters. Here's my pros and cons:
1. Booking was easy and I had good communication from Ivy Lettings about check-in.
2. Very clean except living room carpet which was stained and dirty
3. Great kitchen! New and updated.
4. Bathroom is also new and updated.
5. Master bedroom is roomy, has ample storage space and the bed is comfortable.
6. Good location, easy access to grocery stores and attractions.
7. Neighborhood felt safe.
8. To get around, we used a combination of cabs, the tube and Uber. Uber is highly available in London!
1. We were there during a heat wave, and like most London flats, there was no air conditioning. The ONE fan we had for the flat was missing the front screen, making it dangerous. Our phone call and e-mail request for additional fans went unanswered. After our third request for more fans, they sent someone with a new fan who explained that Ivy Lettings was overwhelmed with requests for fans. This occurred on the third or fourth day of our five day stay. Why don't they already have fans available in every flat? This is a noisy part of the city, so sleeping with the windows open was a problem and we were pretty miserable .
2. Also heat related; the cleaning crew only left us with a heavy down coverlet for the bed, nothing else. There should be light blankets available.
3. There were at least 7 buildings in the neighborhood under construction and the noise is deafening and starts early. ASK ABOUT LOCAL CONSTRUCTION BEFORE BOOKING.
4. I was sent two different addresses about the flat and confusing information about the key pick-up location.
5. Bedroom with twin beds is rather small and cramped.
Great location..plenty of room and flat well equiped.
I should have questioned further the use of the lift. When we got there we were told it was 'iffy'...someone had recently gotten stuck in it. Luckily the cleaning staff helped us with our luggage up to the 3 sets of steps. All 3 of us, climbed those stairs everyday...but by the end of the stay, we chanced the lift...two of us are closing in on 70. The flat was very nice. When we got there a little early, the previous guests had just left and the place was a mess, but the cleaning staff came in and did an awesome job. Our only complaint was the lack of sufficient toilet paper...which we had to buy ourselves. I would recommend this flat to others, if the lift was guaranteed to be operational.
Spacious, comfortable, ideally located
My family (husband, myself, and 13 yr old son) stayed here for a week. We prefer having a separate room for our son, and with the prices of hotel rooms so high (for tiny rooms), we decided to try renting a flat. This place looked great, but at the time didn't have any reviews. The management company had many positive reviews, so we decided to go for it. And we're glad we did!
The flat was very spacious. The smaller bedroom would probably feel a bit cramped with two people in it, but for just one person it was fine. And the larger room was quite roomy. The living room was also large, but the couches weren't great. One was rock hard and the other very squishy. The kitchen was of a good size, but all we did was use the toaster for breakfast. One of the selling points of this unit was the (separate) washer & dryer. They are a bit on the small size and a wash takes anywhere from 1 hr to 2.5 hrs.
We had no problems with toiletries. There were paper towels, toilet paper, and soap in the kitchen. I prefer liquid soap, so I bought a bottle for the bathroom that I left. We also bought some napkins that we left. There were 2 or 3 dishwashing tablets. I think there may have been washing machine tablets as well, but we had brought our own Tide Pods to use.
One thing we didn't like was the shower. This might be a European v. American thing. But the shower only had a half glass door over the tub. If you used the shower standing up, it had a tendency to spray out onto the floor. And with nothing to keep the warmth and moisture in, the rest of the bathroom got steamy while it got cold in the shower itself.
The location was great for using public transportation. It was about a 10 minute walk to Pimlico (less than 15 minutes to Victoria Station) and from there rarely more than 20 minutes to any place we wanted to visit. There were also plenty of shops (Tesco Express, Gregg's, pizza, Indian) within a few minutes walk.
We would definitely stay here again if we were to return to London. Ivy Lettings was great to work with. We were able to drop our bags off early on arrival day. The day before departure, we got stranded in Paris (we went for the day and the ferry workers shut down the Tunnel, cancelling our return). We had to fly back to London and didn't get back to the flat to check out until almost noon. I contacted Ivy Lettings early that morning, and they told us not to worry about it, that we could check out a little later. Wonderful customer service.
Lovely clean apartment in quiet block. Area was close to Victoria and Pimlico stations but you could still walk to a lot of attractions and nice restaurants. Lovely quiet area away from the busy areas of London. Great communication with lovely staff at Ivy Lettings and would definately recommend this company and book through them again.
We had a great stay in London in this very comfortable apartment. Easy walking distance to a tube stop as well as Victoria rail station. Also very easy to walk to Buckingham Palace and beyond.
The flat was very well equipped, very spacious main bedroom, great 2nd bedroom and a cosy sitting room.
All mod cons in the kitchen made options for dining in and dining out all the easier.
Would certainly stay here again.
Activity and Interests
Local amenities such as grocery stores and ATMs are close by, as well as a diverse array of restaurants and cafes. Chimes offers hearty English food in a cosy and delightful setting, or perhaps try Goya a lively Spanish Tapas bar. Grumbles on Churchton Street is another favourite, serving yummy food in an informal bistro setting. Whatever your mood you’ll find it nearby. There is a fantastic Farmer’s market in Orange Square on Saturday mornings- great to gather supplies for a picnic or for a home cooked feast.
You can pop down to the riverfront, and take in the splendid views of the bridges stretching across the Great River Thames. Riverboat services to Waterloo and Southwark run from Millbank Millennium Pier - these run as water-taxis but are a great way to see the city from another angle as you travel. Don’t forget you are close to the theatres and high-end fashion of Knightsbridge and Chelsea, so you will never be at a loss of what to do during your trip.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Cleaning and Tax Fee||£95|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Minimum length of stay: 5 nights
Maximum party size: 4
Lead guest must be at least 30 years old
Strictly no smoking or pets
£500 security deposit (against damages)
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“- super-fast enquiry response time, 7 days a week - personal check in during business hours - professional cleaning and home preparation by our team of dedicated housekeepers - 5* hotel standard linen and towels and sundries - 7 day/week maintenance support”
- Tourist Attractions
- Lift ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Television ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- city centre
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
Local Services & Businesses
- 900 m²
- Bathroom 1
- There is a comprehensively fitted bathroom, complete with shower over bath, WC, and washbasin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- The master bedroom is spacious and complete with a generous 5ft king sized bed and dressing table. The second bedroom offers twin singles - perfect for siblings or friends.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Transport: Pimlico (5 mins), Sloane Square (15 mins) Lead guest must be 30 or older Access & Suitability This apartment is on the top floor of the building (fourth floor). There is a lift, but please note there is a small flight of stairs in the entrance hall that you need to go down to access the lift.