Bedrooms 6, Bathrooms 5, Sleeps 9
Top Traveller Review
The place to go at Alpes-Maritimes
About the Manager
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
The place to go at Alpes-Maritimes
"I have stayed at Bastide des Roses a number of times, and each time the grounds with their roses, olive trees, and scented plants impressed me. The swimming pool with its pool house is not only gorgeous but long enough to swim laps in. The house itself is tastefully decorated in Provence style, and the beds are comfortable. I would definitely like to visit again" Peter S.-W.
Poetic luxury, impeccable style - a true gem!
This beautiful, stylish property makes you feel like a romantic character in movie or a book set in Provence. It ticks all the boxes of a perfect luxury stay with its timeless charm, unpretentious glamour and the impeccable taste fit for a sophisticated artist as well as a family seeking comfort and refined style.
The swimming pool approached through a rose garden, the olive groves surrounding the gracious historical building, the sundowns spent on the cobble stone paved patio with its ‘roof’ of grapes hanging from the old vines where all you can hear is the sound of crickets... it all makes for a perfect quite retreat just a stone throw away from all the fashionable buzz of the french riviera. We have stayed twice already and hope to come many more times again. A truly inspiring place!
Heavenly Provence Experience
This is a historic Bastide with large grounds and a stunning huge swimming pool which is hidden behind a rose garden in the back of the property. We stayed there many times and hope to be able to come back soon again. The owners are very charming American-German and the house is a picture book , fairy tale like Provencal Bastide in classic style. The place is quite remote between Valbonne and Grasse a nice drive through narrow country lanes from the main road until you arrive at the gate. Once you have passed the gate and the caretaker´s house you are in the middle of a Provencal fairy tale rose and cyprus tree garden. The house is historic but was restored some years ago, you can tell by the bathrooms that the property was probably renovated about 20 years ago , but this is not a drawback. The terraces and especially the large pool with a furnished pool house for elegant Riviera style afternoons and evenings , the vast lawns and the many shady corners unter olive and pine and palm trees offer many opportunities to spend the day in solitude or with a big family or larger group of friends. The kitchen is very large, equipped with everything you need and nearby Vallbonne offers plenty of gourmet shopping . The place is so beautiful and big that you don't feel like leaving it but there are a few fine restaurants in Mougins, Valbonne and Grasse in easy driving distance.
Activity and Interests
The Côte d’Azur can keep you amused for a life-time.
You can stroll the streets of Grasse, and visit the perfume Museum, but that is only the bare beginning. The area is so rich in art Museums that you could not see them all in a month: the Picasso Museum in Cap d’Antibes, the Matisse Museum, Le Ferdinand Leger, the Jean Cocteau Museum, Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Theatre de la Photographie et de l’Image, and on and on. Of course, there are the beaches, and famed towns (Cannes, Nice, Eze, and Monaco). Restaurants from Michelin-starred palaces, to casual sea-side bistros, markets with incredible offerings starting with local seafood, and the incredible produce of the desirable Mediterranean diet.
Things To near Grasse:
- Cathedrale Notre Dame du Puy: is an exotic edifice perched on a
volcanic rock overlooking the city of Le Puy-en-Velay in the Auvergne region. Despite its remote location, Le Puy has nevertheless been an important religious center since pre-Christian times - remains of a prehistoric dolmen and a Roman temple can still be seen in the cathedral. Since the Middle Ages, Le Puy Cathedral has been the main starting point in France for the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.
- Gorges du Loup: The Gorges du Loup canyon is an ideal
introduction to canyoning on the Cote d’Azur. Located near Grasse, it’s the most well known whitewater rapids (called « randonnée aquatique » in french) in the Alpes Maritimes.
- Bastide Sainte Antoine: gourmet meals, quite good and a beautiful location in St. Antoine in Grasse, 10 minute drive.
- Musee International de la Parfumerie: housed in an 18th-century
mansion, daringly enlarged with a modern glass structure, it retraces three millennia of perfume history through beautifully presented artefacts, bottles, videos, vintage posters, olfactory stations and explanatory panels.
Things To Do in Nice:
- Old Town Nice: (In French: Nice Vieille Ville or Vieux Nice) is
without doubt the most beautiful part of the French city of Nice.
Every day, except on Monday, there is a colorful food and flower
market at Cours Saleya, the famous promenade in the South-West
part of Vieux Nice. Food stalls are also at Place Pierre-Gautier, a
square adjacent to Cours Saleya which is surrounded by cafes and
impressive monumental old buildings.
- The Castle Park (Parc du Chateau): also referred to as the Castle Hill
(Colline du Chateau) because it is the highest altitude in Vieux Nice(92 meters above the sea level), is the place where the ruins of the former Chateau de Nice can be spotted. It is deemed one of the toptourist attractions in Nice!
- Promenade des Anglais: The most famous stretch of seafront in Nice– if not France – is this vast paved promenade, which gets its name from the English ex-pat patrons who paid for it in 1822. It runs for the whole 4km sweep of the Baie des Anges with a dedicated lane for for cyclists and skaters: you can rent skates, scooters and bikes and join them!
- Musee National Marc Chagall: The national Marc Chagall museum, was created with the artist's desire to bring together his most important biblical works in one purpose-built place: the 17 paintings which make up the Biblical Message are housed here. The permanent collection is the biggest public collection of works by Marc Chagall.
Shopping / Sight-Seeing:
- Valbonne: on Friday mornings, there is a wonderful outdoor
market, a must-see!
- Gourdon, one of France’s most picturesque villages, and a “Village Fleuri”, 20 minute drive from the bastide.
- St. Tropez is a 80 minute drive, although with summer traffic it
becomes much longer. If one has jet lag and wakes up early, then
jump in the car and beat the crowds.
- End Clean Charge and Accidental Damage Insurance will be added to all Bookings.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- DVD Player
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 0 sq. ft.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9