3 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom Recently Modernised Villa With Sun Terrace and Pool
At the heart of a region lit with 300 days of sunshine per year, close to the historic heart of Uzès (1km) in a quiet, secure and entirely private garden with pool, this villa for 6 people is a wonderful base for exploring the area or to enjoy the beauties of Uzès in a relaxing and peaceful environment.
The house is on one level and has just gone through full renovation, with brand new furniture and equipment. The owners intend to use the house for their own holidays and rent it the rest of the time.
The house is composed of:
- One air-conditioned master bedroom with a king size bed and a very elegant en-suite bathroom (double sink, shower and separate WC).
- Second air-conditioned double bedroom with king size bed, writing table and ample storage.
- Third air-conditioned double bedroom with 2 single beds that can be joined together for a 3rd double bed. This bedroom is ideal for children but can equally be used as an adult bedroom.
- Bedrooms 2&3 share a good size bathroom with shower over bath, heated towel rail and double sink.
- An open plan kitchen and living room that open onto a large balcony for inside / outside living and look on to the garden. There is satellite TV, CD player with Bluetooth and a wood burner for the winter months.
The garden (1500 square meters) is protected by hedges on all sides and very private. Olive and almond trees offer shade by the pool and a large barbecue can be use for al-fresco diner overlooking the pool. Table tennis can be used for entertainment and some toys can be found by little ones to enjoy in or out of the pool.
The main parking of Uzes centre is a short 5 minutes drive away, or a leisurely 20 minutes stroll on a quiet road.
Guests should note that the access to the house is fairly narrow and bumpy. Whilst cars of all size can get through, large trucks or camping cars may not get down the narrow road.
Top Traveller Review
Delightful property in a delightful town
About the Owner
About Delphine Robertson
We are a French-British family with 2 small children. David was born in Scotland but studied in London where he has now been working for 15 years. Delphine was born in Strasbourg and moved to England 17 years ago. Delphine's parents moved to Uzes for their retirement 10 years ago.
Delphine Robertson purchased this villa in 2013
Why Delphine Robertson chose Uzes - Pont du Gard
We are a French-British family who have been enjoying coming to Uzes for years. Delphine's parents live in Uzes in this area and love the proximity of the town combined with the quiet rural feel of their street. When a house nearby came on sale, we jumped on the occasion and renovated this house for the dual purpose of using the house for the children to enjoy seeing their grand parents, and to rent the house to respectful guests who would look after it like we would. Delphine's parents occasionally can give advice on what to visit and where to go. They have access to local services and can source nannies or cleaners where necessary. They speak German and some English.
What makes this villa unique
We feel that this house combines proximity to the city centre whilst still feeling completely secluded and private. We have experienced many quiet and warm evenings enjoying a barbecue in the garden or sharing a drink by the pool. The climate in Uzes is simply wonderful and we believe that this house offers a great opportunity to enjoy a taste of the south but away from the madness of the coast.
(9 traveller reviews)
Delightful property in a delightful town
Very nice modern villa, clean, comfortable and well equipped. Air-con was useful, and the pool was lovely. Just be a bit careful driving down to la Cigale - it's tight, although it does fit a Range Rover (just!)
Excellent villa, location and facilities!
This villa provides the perfect blend of secluded relaxation and proximity to all the facilities you want on holiday. The size and layout were ideal for us as a family of four with two teenage children, but would also be great for a larger group - the design of the living area is open plan and modern and we were very grateful for the efficient air conditioning! Uzes centre with its typical bustling markets and squares full of excellent restaurants is a very short walk away. If you want to explore more widely, Nimes, Avignon, Orange Aigues-Mortes and even the Ardeche are all within easy driving distance. The property manager is very warm and helpful without being intrusive - all in all a great find in sunny southern France! I suspect we will be back.
Perfect location and beautiful villa
The villa is so amazing and laid out perfectly. The furnishings and decorations are of such a high standard that you feel at home immediately, it is so well equipped that we wanted for nothing. The garden and pool is an added bonus to an already lovely house.
An easy stroll into Uzes is just what you want on holiday, only took the car out to visit the Pont du Gard.
Beautifully remodeled, comforttable and quiet
The property is modern and immaculately maintained. All new appliances incl fridge w/ ice maker, washer, dryer,, dishwasher, NEW BEDS AND LINENS. Walking distance to centre ville. Owners were warm and delightful to work with. Heartily recommended
Great House close to Uzes
This house was great for our family of 2 adults and 2 teenage girls but could easily accommodate more people. It was about a 10 minute walk to town and the food in the market was lovely to bring home and prepare. There was everything we needed and house was lovely and clean,
It is difficult to find so make sure you have a map of town, don't rely on your car's navigation system. Therese, (the owner's mum) very kindly came out and found us to show us the way.
While you are there, make sure to visit Nimes and La Petit Jardin was a well priced, good restaurant.
Lovely holiday home in the South of France
The property is comfortable, well presented and well equipped. It is conveniently situated within walking distance of Uzes which offers shops and restaurants. We had a lovely time and loved the area.
From the Owner
“We are a French-British family who have been enjoying coming to Uzes for years. Delphine's parents live in Uzes in this area and love the proximity of the town combined with the quiet rural feel of their street. When a house nearby came on sale, we jumped on the occasion and renovated this house for the dual purpose of using the house for the children to enjoy seeing their grand parents, and to rent the house to respectful guests who would look after it like we would. Delphine's parents occasionally can give advice on what to visit and where to go. They have access to local services and can source nannies or cleaners where necessary. They speak German and some English.”
Activity and Interests
Uzes is a small historic city 40 mins drive from Nimes and Avignon. It boats a truly beautiful city centre with white stoned buildings and a medical castle still inhabited by the Duke of Uzes.
The house is located in a quiet residential area, 15 minutes walk from the famous Place aux Herbes where the local markets take place on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Alternatively, it can be reached in less than 5 minutes by car.
Uzes is also a 15 minutes drive from the Pont du Gard.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
13 May 2017 - 17 Jun 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
24 Jun 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
14 night minimum stay
for 14 nights
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£434|
Access to the property is partly restricted and may not accommodate large vehicles such as trailers or camper vans. Speak to us if you have a large vehicle.
We provide a full set of linen for 6 people at an additional 90 Euros per week.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We feel that this house combines proximity to the city centre whilst still feeling completely secluded and private. We have experienced many quiet and warm evenings enjoying a barbecue in the garden or sharing a drink by the pool. The climate in Uzes is simply wonderful and we believe that this house offers a great opportunity to enjoy a taste of the south but away from the madness of the coast.”
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Garbage Disposal
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- MP3 Dock
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- city centre
- live theatre
- winery tours
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- 100 m²
- Master en-suite bathroom - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Double sink
- Family bathroom - Bath with Shower, Double Sink
- The bathrooms have been entirely redone and are in impeccable order.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Master en-suite bedroom - 1 Large Double Bed
- Children Bedroom - 2 Single Bed
- Romantic Double Bedroom - 1 Large Double Bed
- The Master en-suite bedroom is a large and airy room that has been decorated in a black and white pattern with elegant furniture. It features an air-conditioning unit that can be turned to heater, wooden shutters, a tall wardrobe, a smaller storage cabinet and a console. The bedroom overlooks the back garden and can be accessed via the living room via a sliding door. The Romantic Bedroom has been decorated with antique painted furnitures and overlook the garden. Is also features wooden shutters and ample storage space as well as a lovely writing table for writing those postcards... The Children bedroom boasts a large antique armoire with plenty of storage for clothes and toys and a small writing table. The single beds can be brought together to make a comfortable double bed. There is air-conditioning and electric shutters for perfect darkness at night. We have started brining a few toys but hope to have more over time.
- Deck Furniture
- Garden ...
- Outdoor Furniture
- Uzes boasts Antique shops, museums, castles and local markets on Wednesdays and Saturdays. A nearby guest-house provides bike rental (5 minutes walk). The local market is a leisurely 20 minutes walk.