Sleeps 10, 5 Bed, 5 Bath - Classic Country House, Family Friendly, Wifi & Sky
A striking Victorian farmhouse, architecturally reminiscent of a French chateau, St Cuthbert’s Farmhouse is situated amid 600 acres of rolling borders farmland above the River Tweed, commanding a fabulous view of the surrounding countryside and the river.
The house has been fully renovated and beautifully furnished throughout, the classic country house interior complemented by modern amenities such as broadband internet connection and Sky television. St Cuthbert’s is ideal for extended families and large house parties offering superb entertaining space and five good sized bedrooms and bathrooms. For corporate events or for guests wanting a hassle-free holiday, the house can be let fully-serviced with a butler, cook, housekeeper and nanny.
The property sits in a large, lawned garden with an outside dining area and a children’s play area. There are beautiful walks directly from the house across the 600 acres of surrounding farmland. Or stroll further afield along the beautiful Till valley, up to the romantic ruins of Twizel Castle or along the banks of the famous River Tweed.
Just a stone’s throw from the River Tweed, St Cuthbert’s is an obvious choice for anyone fishing the prime bottom and middle Tweed beats including Tillmouth, Lennel and The Lees. There is a dedicated rod and boot room at the house and a separate box freezer in which to store the catch of the day.
As well as the fishing, other attractions include the stunning, sandy beaches of the Northumberland Coast, popular with walkers, riders, kite-surfers and bird watchers alike and punctuated by renowned landmarks such as Lindisfarne, Bamburgh and Alnwick Castles. The Cheviot Hills are on the doorstep with fabulous walking and cycling from gentle forays to serious biggies amidst spectacular scenery. Also nearby is Flodden Field, site of the infamous battle between the Scots and the English, the charming miniature steam railway at Heatherslaw and the Black Bull at Etal, Northumberland’s only thatched pub.
3 miles from St Cuthbert’s is Cornhill-on-Tweed with its excellent village shop selling pies and delicious local goodies and the Collingwood Arms bar and restaurant specialising in fresh dishes prepared using the wealth of local produce. Just over the Tweed in Scotland is the historic town of Coldstream which offers a good selection of local shops, including a butcher, baker and grocer as well as pubs and cafes and the Hirsel golf club. The charming, ancient towns of Berwick-upon-Tweed and Kelso are also nearby and Edinburgh is an easy day trip, either about an hour by car or 45 minutes on the train from Berwick.
About the Manager
Activity and Interests
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Fireplace ...
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- 0 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Ensuite Bathroom
- Bathroom 2 - En-suite bathroom
- Bathroom 3 - En-suite Bathroom
- Bathroom 4 - En-suite Bathroom
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Large Family Bathroom
- The bathrooms are all decorated with marble surfaces and natural stone tiles. There are three stand alone power showers and 3 large bathtubs. A number of the bathrooms have integrated sound systems which are controlled from the adjacent bedrooms.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, can be configured as a super king bed
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed, can be configured as a super king bed
- The bedrooms are decorated in calming, neutral tones to the highest standard and comfort throughout. All have plenty of storage space with wardrobe and chest of drawers. The bed linen is 100% Egyptian cotton with goose down pillows and duvets.
- Garden ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- The property can be let on a self-catered basis or part or fully catered options can be arranged including fully serviced with a butler, cook, housekeeper and nanny.