Townhouse apartment to sleep 4 overlooking the Bellagio lakefront
Situated in the heart of the famous resort town of Bellagio, with superb views across the central lake, this location couldn’t be more perfect!
This beautifully refurbished townhouse apartment (ID 1021) boasts bright and spacious accommodation with elegant antique touches and furniture for an added ambiance of homely comfort. The apartment is reached by 35 steps from the internal staircase.
Guests can fully unwind in the stylish living area which overlooks the Bellagio lakefront and features a comfortable soft leather sofa with flat screen TV and dining area. A separate fully equipped contemporary fitted kitchen provides all the desired appliances to prepare delicious home-cooked meals, with a gas hob oven, microwave, kettle and toaster. A breakfast table for 4 provides a lovely setting in which to enjoy a morning coffee and brioche before a day’s sightseeing.
The apartment benefits from flexible sleeping accommodation for up to 4 guests. A spacious and romantic-style double master bedroom provides the perfect retreat for couples and offer partial lake views of the Bellagio front. A second bedroom also furnished to a high standard with pretty features and boasting partial lake views offers two single beds providing a comfortable setting for two guests. An additional guest may also be accommodated to the sofa bed in the living area.
A modern fitted bathroom completes the accommodation and laundry facilities are provided for guest’s convenience.
** Please Note ~ Only 7 night stays available during July and August **
The Resort town of Bellagio is one of the famous ‘Golden Triangle’ towns of Lake Como and has been highly regarded ever since the European aristocracy begun a love affair with the town from the early Victorian period.
Nowadays the town welcomes visitors as never before, with a wide variety of lakefront Cafes, Gelatarias, Restaurants and Boutique and Jewellery shops where Italian made leather and silk goods are sold. A beautiful and very romantic promenade leads visitors to the famous and exuberant Hotel Villa Serbellione and also to the historical Villa Melzi where visitors can explore the varied and far reaching landscaped lakefront Gardens, which are open to the public.
Visitors can explore the town by bike, foot or car. A car is highly advisable for visitors staying in the area for convenience and so that the Lake is more accessible.
Alternatively if you wish to explore the other famous Resort towns of Varenna and Menaggio a frequent Passenger and Car Ferry service operates from the town throughout the season.
Lombardy - Lake Como Area:
The Italian Lakes are a little slice of paradise. Elegant ribbons of blue water stretch out ahead, folded into the sun-baked foothills, with a spectacular back drop of the snow-capped Alps.
Lake Como offers hidden treasures just waiting for the visitor to discover them: charming corners forgotten by time, lakeside villages where nothing seems to have changed for centuries.
It is steeped in history with an immense collection of churches, architectural masterpieces and works of art covering the centuries. The lake is situated in a basin surrounded by wooded mountains, and offers an extremely varied landscape, with its' shores featuring a succession of pastures, and woods as well as harsh and impressive rock formations.
All this alongside elegant, lakeside villas with sub-tropical gardens, which provide a haven of peace and tranquillity and chic resorts such as Varenna, Bellagio, Menaggio and Como itself.
Warming, in spring and graced with natural beauty, the lakes are still a place to draw breath and wonder. Lake Como, oriented north-south, ringed by characterful old villages often wedged onto narrow beaches between rugged cliffs and water. Those classic lake images of flower strewn balconies, Baroque gardens and splendid waterside villas can be found here in abundance. Dotted around and between the lakes are some of Italy's finest art cities, such as Milan, Verona & Bergamo.
The most romantic and picturesque villages on the lake are Santa Maria Rezzonico, Varenna (15 min by ferry) & Bellagio (8 min by ferry), Lenno (visit Villa Balbianello, location for 007's Casino Royale as well as Villa Gaeta, right here in Menaggio) & Laglio (where George Clooney owns Villa Oleandra).
About the Manager
Guestbook comments from the manager
Following is a summary of my comments regarding Elegante Serbelloni
• had a real challenge finding the property, but this was mostly due to lack of knowledge of the limo driver, who took us to the Hotel Serbelloni
• property is in a perfect, central location, with ready access to shopping, restaurants and ferry service
• Owner's daughter met us at the property; she was barely fluent in English. She handed us the keys and told us to have a good time. I had to ask her to stay a minute, while we looked over the apartment to see if we had any questions. A brief overview of the apartment would have been helpful
• Apartment was clean and accommodating.
• I would recommend this property to others.
Activity and Interests
Further Sport & Adventure Activities: Bike Rentals, Boat Rentals/Charters, Canoeing/Kayaking, Float Plane/Helicopter, Funicular Railway, Park, Public Transportation, Public Villas & Gardens and Rowing Boats.
From this perfectly presented apartment guests can enjoy all the amenities and delights of the famous resort town of Bellagio, which are all on the doorstep of this enviably located holiday home, including the famous Bar San Remo!
A covered elegant Victorian boulevard features authentic restaurants and pretty cafes and bars to enjoy from early morning through to dusk. The historical cobbled streets of Bellagio also lead to a host of quaint visitor shops selling local crafts, goods and produce. The beautiful resort town offers an idyllic landscaped promenade as well as the fine Villa Melzi which opens its majestic botanical gardens each year to visitors.
Above Bellagio guests can enjoy activities such as hiking, cycling, the family-friendly Jungle Raider Park and the Extreme Outdoor Sports centre.
Public parking is nearby and a frequent car and passenger ferry service is situated just 30 metres away. The ferry conveniently operates to the other famous ‘Golden Triangle��� resort towns of Varenna and Menaggio, as well as to Cadenabbia which offers easy access to Villa Carlotta and Villa Balbianello.
The central lake boasts a wide selection of activities to enjoy including swimming in the lake and the Lidos, power boat hire, sailing, wind surfing, hiking, cycling, Quad bike tours and horse riding.
There are Golf clubs around Lake Como: The Menaggio & Cadenabbia Golf Club is Italy's oldest golf course. Established in 1907 with 18 holes Par 70, it is located above Menaggio near Croce, in Grandola ed Uniti, approx. 20 min. by car. Tel: +39 344 321 03. Green Fees: Weekdays ��55, Weekends and Holidays €70 Euros; Golf Cart Rental €36.
Restaurant Golf at the club serves fantastic food and is well recommended.. Guests are always welcome, please call beforehand to check course rules. Golf Club Menaggio: (Menaggio Como).
This beautiful lake region of Italy is not the best for skiing as you may imagine, despite its scenery, crisp air and near perfect visibility and mountains capped in winter snow. It does however have Skiing opportunities at local resorts for a day out.
There is a small ski area on Mt. Lema, not more than 10 km from Lugano, but you have to be lucky to have enough snow for skiing. In Ticino, the local Swiss Canton, the best places to ski are probably either San Bernardino (south of the pass of the same name) or Airolo (south of Gotthard pass). Both are reachable in about 1 hour by car across the Swiss border.
There are direct trains to Airolo as well from Lugano and hence from Italian Stations. To S. Bernardino there is only a bus connection. For more snow try Andermatt (on the north side of Gotthard pass) which has normally good snow conditions and a good choice of runs.
The closest major ski resorts are St. Moritz and Madesimo toward the Splugen Pass which is approx. 100km.
- Service Charge:
Our one & two weekly service charges are inclusive of final cleaning, bed linen, towels, heating, utilities & air-conditioning (if installed in the holiday property). Tea towels & beach towels are not supplied. If your booking is for more than one week, clean linen & towels will be provided on a weekly basis.
Additional Service Charge: €115 (7 days & less) & €150 (7 days plus)
3 night break - 40% off weekly tariff / 4 night break - 30% off weekly tariff / 5 night break - 20% off weekly tariff / 6 night break - 10% off weekly tariff.
- Available arrival
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- botanical garden
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- A modern fitted bathroom completes the accommodation and laundry facilities are provided for guest’s convenience.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Living room - 1 Sofa bed/Futon, Single sofa bed
- The apartment benefits from flexible sleeping accommodation for up to 4 guests. A spacious and romantic-style double master bedroom provides the perfect retreat for couples and offer partial lake views of the Bellagio front. A second bedroom also furnished to a high standard with pretty features and boasting partial lake views offers two single beds providing a comfortable setting for two guests. An additional guest may also be accommodated to the sofa bed in the living area.
- ** Please Note ~ Only 7 night stays available during August ** Situated in the heart of the famous resort town of Bellagio, with superb views across the central lake, this location couldn’t be more perfect! From this perfectly presented apartment guests can enjoy all the amenities and delights of the famous resort town of Bellagio, which are all on the doorstep of this enviably located holiday home, including the famous Bar San Remo! Additional Facilities: We offer a range of extra facilities, which are available for hire through our office 'Happy Holiday Homes' in Menaggio: Cot Hire - € 20 per week, High Chair - € 15 per week, Push Chair - € 25 per week, Camp Bed – € 85 per week, Wi-Fi or USB Internet Stick - € 35 per week (includes € 10 consumable credit). Please note that signal and connectivity is not guaranteed and may depend on the strength of the signal in your rental property.