2 villas, 3 & 4 bedrooms, separate or joint rental
Rental of the Villas
Villa Griya Atma is a 4 bedroom villa, Villa Griya Aditi is a 3 bedroom villa. They can be rented separately of together to become a 7 bedroom compound of 2 connected villas, with 2 swimming pools.
The villas share some facilities, such as the main kitchen, laundry, management office and garage, in a separate building, commonly known as the “back of the house”, in truth it is more like the “house between the villas”.
The two villas communicate via a gate in the garden.
Family stay in the Villas
The villas have been designed as family and children friendly.
It is easy to look after children as all ground floor rooms have direct view over the swimming pool.
However, it is never safe to let toddlers and young children bathe or swim without direct adult supervision in the pool itself.
The family room, behind the main living and dining room is a great place where children play in case of rain.
There is also a “nanny’s bedroom in each villa, in case you need a baby-sitter to stay overnight.
Villa Griya Atma
Griya Atma is a four bedroom villa. The name Griya Atma means “Abode of the Soul”.
The villa is designed as a modern interpretation of Balinese traditional living, each room on ground floor opens on a wide patio.
Master bedroom faces the rice fields and the infinity swimming pool. It has en-suite bathroom with bathtub and an outdoor shower. It also has a indoor daybed.
Two other bedrooms on ground floor face the swimming pool. Both have indoor and outdoor bathroom with showers.
The fourth bedroom, on second floor faces other rice fields. It is also a study and has its own lounge with sofa and TV. It has en-suite bathroom with indoor shower.
The dining / living room opens on the garden, the swimming pool and rice fields.
A family room faces the back garden with a fish and turtle pond. Children love to play in the family room, in times of rain.
All rooms have air conditioning and fan
The kitchen is used for final preparation of the dishes before serving. It has a refrigerator, a microwave oven, and a water dispenser.
The swimming pool is tiled with natural stones coming from Java
The Bale Bengong is a place where you can relax or get a traditional massage
The garden faces more than 1 km uninterrupted rice fields, with a small temple on the right side.
Villa Griya Aditi
Griya Aditi is a three bedroom villa. The name Griya Aditi means “Abode of the Light”.
All rooms are on the ground floor, otherwise, it is a mirror image of villa Griya Atma,
Details for holiday villa Combined Griya Atma & Griya Aditi, 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, 3 Bathrooms
• The 2 villas can be booked together to provide ultimate privacy and luxury to a group of up to 14.
• They are connected via a large door between the 2 gardens.
• They were designed as a modern interpretation of Balinese traditional living.
• The villas are located in the friendly village of Kemenuh, banjar Tengkulak Kelod, about 7 kilometres from the center of Ubud.
• With Ubud lifestyle almost at your doorstep, you can enjoy the dances, arts, crafts, restaurants and night-life.
• Tengkulak Kelod is an exceptional community, which can be branded as “Bali as it once was”.
• The Villas face more than 1 km uninterrupted rice fields, with a small temple on the right side
• The only sounds you can hear are the ones of nature, traditional agricultural activities and the laughter of children.
• From time to time, you will be entertained by a procession of ducks going through the rice fields or by a flock of white birds,
About the Owner
The owners are a French-Indonesian couple, an Indonesian woman who has fallen in love with French language during her high school years and with France, its literature, its arts and its people in the years after, and a Frenchman who has fallen in love with Indonesia in general and Bali in particular about 30 years ago.
Frequent visitors to Bali, they wanted to build a place in paradise they would call their own.
During a stay in the village of Kemenuh, they found the perfect place to build their dream.
From the Owner
“To design a complex of 2 villas and a common facilities centre, with modern traits which could become a part of the landscape and perfectly blend in its natural surroundings. They matched expectations and more. The villas were built, in 2008-2009 by a Balinese group. The result is a combination of contemporary facilities and technology with touches of Bali’s traditions, arts and crafts present in every detail. Particular attention to material and colours – with extensive usage of Indonesia’s wood and natural stones. The colour scheme was designed to give a sense of fusion with the surrounding landscape. The villas owners, management & staff enjoy a superb relationship with the local community. Tengkulak Kelod is an exceptional community, which can be branded as “Bali as it once was”. During the Villa opening ceremony held in December 2009. More than 200 members of the community participated in the ceremony in various roles. All the performers were from the local village. You will find some pictures taken during this memorable event on the walls of the villas.”
Activity and Interests
Welcome to Villa Griya Atma and Villa Griya Aditi,
The two villas are located in the friendly village of Kemenuh, banjar Tengkulak Kelod, about 7 kilometres from the centre of Ubud. This is an area of rice fields, traditional village life, arts and craftsmanship.
When we designed the villas, we wanted to create a place where one can enjoy Bali “as it once was”, far from noise and pollution, but at the same time close to the centres of cultural life of this wonderful island.
We are located at a few minutes drive from major landmarks of Bali civilization, such as Gajah Madah, the “Pejeng Moon”, the Yeh Puluh carvings, as well as of the renowned artist and craftsmen villages of Mas, Celuk, Blahbatuh..
At the same time, we are far from all. In the evening, when enjoying the view from our garden over a mile of rice fields and the palm trees, or the freshness of the pool, the only sounds one can hear are these of birds, sometimes a kite and in the distance, the laughter of the village’s children.
We named the villas “Griya Atma”, which can be translated as “Abode of the Soul” and “Griya Aditi”, which can be translated as “Abode of the Light”, from Sanskrit.
We hope that you will, like us, fall in love with this little corner of paradise.
The team in the villas consists of 11 staff members, who will do their utmost for your stay to be one you will never forget.
They join us to say “Selamat datang di Villas Griya Atma dan Griya Aditi di Tengkulak, Bali”.
- • Discount available for bookings of 8 days or more
o -5% on above fees for 8 or 9 consecutive days,
o -10% on above fees for bookings of 10 consecutive days or more,
o Laundry (in house)
o Broadband Internet Access
o Car with driver (10 hours / day, 1 car per villa)
- • Additional Charges
o Food for meals other than breakfast, prepared by our cook. Actual expenses charged plus a handling fee of 20%
o Outside services, including special laundry requests and dry cleaning, charged at cost +20% handling fee
o Massage, charged as per our partner group list of fees.
o Additional car(s) with driver, charged at USD 70 / day, for 10 hours per day, inclusive of fuel.
o Telephone calls (long distance) made from the villas will be charged as per Telkom fees plus 20% handling fee.
o Dance performances by local village troop can be arranged at a fee depending upon the type of performance requested by the guests
o English and French speaking guide can be arranged
- 10% Hotel and Restaurant Tax (PHR) will be added to the booking price
o Bookings more than 30 days before the commencement of the stay
• Confirmation of booking : Down Payment 50 % of the amount for the whole stay.
• Balance to be paid at the latest 21 days before the commencement of the stay. Failure to pay the balance when due may result in cancellation of the booking and forfeit of the down payment.
o Bookings less than 30 days before the commencement of the stay
• Confirmation of booking : Full Payment 100 % of the amount for the whole stay.
• Payment of extra charges by cash in Indonesian Rupiah, US Dollar, Singapore Dollar, British Pound or Euro before departure from the villa.
• Cash payment in a currency other than Indonesian Rupiah will be at the rate published by Bank Internasional Indonesia.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The Villas face more than 1 km uninterrupted rice fields, with a small temple on the right side When in the villas, the only sounds you can hear are the ones of nature, traditional agricultural activities and the laughter of children. From time to time, you will be entertained by a procession of ducks going through the rice fields or by a flock of white birds. By the way, Tengkulak is known for its craft of sculpted and painted ducks and other birds. And at the same time, with Ubud almost at your doorstep, you can enjoy the dances, arts, crafts, restaurants and night-life and the “Ubud lifestyle”.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Computer Available
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet
- 2 Ring Stove
- 4 Ring Stove
- Audio Tape Player
- Books - Fiction / Non-fiction
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Player
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Car Available
- Car Included
- Daily Maid Service
- Private Chef
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- water parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- 750 m²
- Master Bathroom Griya Atma - Outdoor Shower
- Bathroom 2 Griya Atma - Outdoor Shower
- Bathroom 3 Griya Atma - Outdoor Shower
- Bathroom 4 Griya Atma (upstairs) - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Master Bathroom Griya Aditi - Outdoor Shower
- Bathroom 2 Griya Aditi - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 Griya Aditi - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Master Bedroom Griya Atma - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 Griya Atma - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 Griya Atma - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 Griya Atma (upstairs) - 1 Large Double Bed
- Master Bedroom Griya Aditi - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 Griya Aditi - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 Griya Aditi - 1 Large Double Bed
- • Master bedrooms (1 per villa) face the rice fields and the infinity swimming pool. They have en suite bathtub and outdoor shower. Griya Atma’s master bedroom has a indoor daybed. Griya Aditi’s master bedroom also has a private garden area with a daybed • In each villa, 2 other bedrooms on ground floor face the swimming pool. In Griya Atma they have indoor and outdoor showers. In Griya Aditi, they have indoor shower. • The 4th bedroom in Griya Atma, on second floor faces other rice fields. The 4th bedroom is also a study and has its own lounge with sofa and TV. It has en suite bathroom with indoor shower.
- Deck Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Included in Price
- Catering available
- • The dining / living room (60 sq meters) face south towards the swimming pools and rice fields. • In each villa, a family room (with TV) and games is designed for adults and children alike • All rooms have air conditioning and fan • The kitchens are used for final preparation of the dishes before serving. Each has a refrigerator, a microwave oven, and a water dispenser. • The swimming pools (one per villa) are tiled with natural stones coming from Java • The Bale are used for giving massages, thanks to an agreement with one group of traditional massage ladies • The third building houses a garage for 2 cars, the main kitchen, used for initial preparation of dishes, a separate area for storage of food, the laundry, an office for the villa manager and a bedroom used for staff, if they need to stay overnight. It is sometimes called “back of the house”, in our case it is more like the “centre of the house”.