|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
‘Seaview’ is a large and luxurious Devon holiday house, less than five minutes walk from two beautiful sandy beaches, recommended for their excellent water quality in the 2014 Good Beach Guide, and Burgh Island, a sea-tractor ride away. In a UK Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the South facing house and garden feature stunning panoramic views of Bigbury Bay, the Avon Estuary and Bigbury / Bantham beaches which are famous for surfing and every kind of watersport, with equipment available for hire on the beach. The house is only a few minutes walk away from restaurants, pub, local store and Burgh Island.
The main house and annexe have been lovingly rebuilt internally, featuring 5/6 bedrooms, five marbled bathrooms and a large open plan ground floor with ultra modern kitchen, dining area and lounge with panoramic sea views. The house has WiFi internet, Sky+HD, streamed Love Film library and projector with 7.1 surround sound. The secluded garden has a dining terrrace seating 8 and 2 BBQ's
Free welcome pack includes Devon cream tea ingredients, coffee, semi skimmed milk, sugar, kitchen rolls, butter, toilet rolls. please note: wooden cots, travel cots, high chairs, stair gates etc. can all be hired for you visit.
-------Kitchen Area (open plan with Dining area and Lounge)
* 30’ long with two eye-level Fan ovens, integrated Coffee machine, Microwave, two tray Dishwasher, Wine cooler, large American fridge- freezer and drinks/ice maker, underfloor heating, Oak flooring
*Peninsula breakfast bar seating three, LCD TV with Sky TV, Games input
* Utility room with Washing machine and Tumble dryer, Ironing board, iron
* Large Oak table with seating for 8 (+3 at Breakfast bar) with panoramic views of coast and beaches. Underfloor heating, Oak flooring.
-------Lounge Area seating 8 (+3 chairs moved from dining area)
* Two three seater white leather settees, two leather armchairs, three further chairs can be moved across from the open plan dining area. Wood burning stove, Oak Flooring throughout.
* 100” projector screen and projector, 42” Plasma TV. 7.1 Surround Sound system, Sky+ HD, Blue-ray Player, with streamed LoveFilm library, iphone/ipod music/video input.
-------Other Ground Floor
* Marbled Family bathroom with Bath/shower, toilet, underfloor heating
* Library/ Bedroom 6 with double sofa bed, desks, Wifi, 1500 books.
-------Sleeping - main house upstairs
* Master Bedroom, Super-King double bed, marbled en-suite with bidet, double shower and toilet, triple aspect, panoramic views of island/coast.
* Bedroom 2, Kingsize double bed, marbled en-suite with Double shower and toilet, Sea views.
* Bedroom 3, Twin beds which can be zipped together, toilet across corridor, estuary view, TV
* Bedroom 4, Single Bed, toilet across corridor, estuary view.
* Two large portable air conditioning units are available if required
-------Attached Annexe (separate access)
* Double Bedroom, separate Toilet with shower
* Modern Kitchen area with Fridge Freezer, Washing Machine
* Lounge / Dining area with folding table, settee and 4 chairs, 30” LCD TV
-------Garden / Parking
* Large South-facing landscaped garden with grass and gravel terraces, flowers, shrubs and amazing views of Burgh Island, beaches and coast.
* Dining terrace with table seating 8, Weber gas and charcoal BBQ
* Two teak loungers, Two reclining chairs, double teak bench, picnic table
* Raised vegetable beds with fresh herbs, vegetables and salad crops.
* Parking Area for 6 cars
* Storage with beach equipment: inflatables, body boards, fold-up portable beach BBQ, beach games, etc.
Wonderful weather! The "Children" said 'when can we move in, we'll pay the deposit'. fantastic house and location. Both families really enjoyed the holiday here. We all did a Treasure Trail which all ages loved.
I can totally recommend Seaview House for absolute comfort and amazing ocean views. We stayed at this beautiful house in Bigbury on Sea with some friends as a 50th birthday treat. We couldn't have asked for more. The owners were helpful and friendly from start of booking to end of stay.......Allan even came to pick us up in Modbury when my car broke down. On arrival both Maggie and Allan took time to show us around the house and answered the many questions we had to ask about the house and the design/decode (which they had done themselves with exquisite taste). The bedrooms are warm and so comfortable, the kitchen and bathrooms have everything you need and more. My daughter slept in the self contained annex and now wants Maggie and Allan to adopt her so she can live there. I warn you both that she is more trouble than she looks! Thank you both so much for a perfect weekend. After years of weekend breaks in various cold and crooked cottages, we don't want to go anywhere else now! See you in Feb 2015 if not before!
This house deserves 6 stars! Amazing house, lovely gardens, fabulous views. Best equipped house we have ever had. Extended family loved it and did not want to leave. Allan & Maggie have made a bit of paradise for us to share. Bigbury on sea is ideal for children a with lovely beaches, not much to do in the village, but the house more than compensates, grab a glass of wine and just enjoy the beautiful views from the garden and house.
This property is every bit as good as the photographs show. The L shaped kitchen dining living area is huge, modern and very well equipped and the view of the bay from the floor to ceiling windows surrounding the long dining table is so amazing that we spent most of our 4 day break there when we were not out and hardly used the excellent living area that has SKY DVD player stereo etc. Bedrooms and bathrooms are first class like the rest of the house and everything was perfectly clean and tidy. The weather was mostly sunny but very windy but enabled us to make use of the fantastic garden overlooking the bay. Allan and Maggie were very welcoming and we were delighted to receive a welcome pack including a substantial cream tea for just a 4 day visit. Bigbury on Sea is lovely and we had two very nice meals in the Cafe at the bottom of the road. A much enjoyed short stay by a family of 8 (4 couples).
We had an absolutely fantastic time at Seaview. It all started with a delicious Devon tea left as a welcome from the owners. The views from the gardens and house, especially the dining room are quite simply stunning. The house is extremely comfortable and well and thoughtfully equipped, a real home from home. We made good use of the coffee machine and after dinner the home cinema was a big hit with all. We were lucky with the weather and took advantage of one of the two garden BBQs and also visited local restaurants suggested by the owners, The Royal Oak in Bigsbury (Gastro style) and the Bay View Bistro at the bottom of the hill was good for simple but well cooked food.
Bigbury on Sea lives up to its beauty spot reputation, a trip on the sea tractor over to Burgh island and a walk to the top is an absolute must as is a pint of Pilchard in the Pilchard Inn. On return to the house sit with a cool drink and look out over your achievements !
In short we were a party of 6 with vast age ranges up to 84 and all would highly recommend a stay at Seaview!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
Normal changeover day in high season is Saturday. Short break prices per night relate to; weekends 3 nights (Fri night to Sun night) or mid week 4 nights (Mon to Thurs night).We provide a 10% discount for parties of less then 6. No pets are allowed and no smoking. Party groups of four or more composed entirely of one sex or who are all under 25 cannot normally be accepted.
A deposit of 25% is required on booking and the balance due 60 days before holiday start. The security deposit of £300 is paid with the balance. Payment can be made by cheque, credit card or debit card on PayPal and by bank transfer. You may cancel up to 60 days before holiday start with no loss of deposit apart from an admin fee of £100.