4 bed double upper villa in the heart of North Berwick,
Situated right on the seafront, a short walk to the town centre. You have the two upper floors of a Victorian Villa to call home for the duration of your stay in North Berwick.
You'll instantly feel at home in this comfortable well equipped house combined with spectacular views and proximity to the beach, town centre and local facilities.
Why not enjoy a relaxing break before the school holidays to take advantage of the best rates! Just give me a call or drop a line to get the best price for a short break or longer stay.
East Lothian is the sunniest and the driest area of Scotland, and the mild climate in this sheltered corner of the country makes it a popular year-round holiday destination.
The coastline is punctuated with places of interest, including castles at Tantallon and Dirleton dating back to the 13th century. The area's many other attractions include beaches, historic homes and ancient monuments, good walking and cycling routes, and the best collection of golf courses to be found anywhere.
For those who like exploring our past, the Iron Age sites at Chester's Hill Fort and Traprain Law are worth a visit, and the county's interior is dotted with delightful villages where you can stop for refreshment at the many pubs and coffee shops.
The Bass Rock, 2 km offshore, is home to one of the world's largest gannet colonies and dominates the sea view from North Berwick, whilst Aberlady Bay (the UK's first local nature reserve) hosts thousands of migrating birds each autumn.
Edinburgh is just half an hour away by train. Scotland's capital city offers many attractions, but is at it's busiest for three weeks every August during the Edinburgh International Festival, North Berwick also joins in with a Fringe by the Sea festival just minutes from our front door.
The North Berwick area
North Berwick is a thriving coastal town with a long and colourful history. The growth of the 'Royal Burgh' is closely linked to the establishment of the railway line in the late 19th century, a time when North Berwick was a fashionable destination for the well to do in society, and became known as the 'Biarritz of the north'.
These days the town is home to a population of around 7,000 and is one of six main towns in East Lothian. Local infrastructure includes a high school, sports centre and swimming pool, health centre, shops, banks, pubs, restaurants, etc. There are golf, rugby, sailing and tennis clubs, and many other tourist attractions. Excellent transport links mean Edinburgh is easily accessible by road or rail.
Local attractions include Tantallon and Dirleton Castles, the Museum of Flight, Glenkinchie Disitillery, and the Scottish Seabird Centre. Boat trips to the Bass Rock and other islands are available from the old harbour in summer months.
At the heart of Edinburgh's golf coast, North Berwick is home to the West Links, the oldest piece of golfing land outside St Andrews and one of the finest courses to be found anywhere. Muirfield, Gullane, Dunbar, and the new courses at Archerfield and Renaissance are all just a short drive away.
For those who simply want to relax and unwind, there are miles of beautiful sandy beaches, good places to walk or cycle, and friendly pubs and restaurants.
Local annual events include:
- The Loony Dook (1st Jan, 2012) - watch 100's of crazy people get cold and wet in the sea !
- North Berwick Highland Games (2th Aug, 2014)
- The Fringe by the Sea (6th-12th Aug, 2014)
- Frequent Golf, Tennis and Sailing championships
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Hi there, my husband and I lived here very happily for 8 years and still love the place very much and hope that you will now enjoy staying here as much as we do!
Guestbook comments from the manager
lovely feel to house clean ad attention to detail. We feel we have had a long restful holiday though its only been a few days
4.5 based on 19 holidaymaker reviews
A great wee holiday
We were an extended family group having an October break in this house. It's big and warm and light and open to the sea with great views. We loved the sense of family space. The bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen were all fresh and clean. The decor in the lounge could have done with an update, but we forgave it everything because we liked the atmosphere of the home and Moya was friendly and helpful. There was a great wee laundry room, handy on return from the beach. Thanks for a lovely stay.
Great place to stay my grandkids loved it to view is to die for plenty off space if weather was bad but wee were lucky and had a weekend off Sun we all can't wait to go back to this house
Very clean and welcoming, comfortable and spacious, well maintained. Fantastic location, sea views.
We are a group of adults with special needs and carers. We hired the house to enjoy some quality holiday rest time for our residents.
Everything we needed was to hand and the house was well laid out for us.
The house was well advertised with local sights shopping etc. Would have liked more photos of house before we went, but it proved very suitable.
Cafe Punk was a great hit with great food and amazing cakes.
The house overlooks the sea and the views are stunning, very relaxing. Good not think twice about returning.
Beautiful rooms and views. We had a great stay and Moya was very helpful on several occasions. Totally recommend it.
Simply wonderful 😎☀️❤️
Cannot thank Moya enough for allowing myself and my family to spend 2 fabulous nights in this wonderful holiday apartment.
We were a group of 9 adults and each and every single one of us were blown away by the location, space, facilities the apartment provided - and a view that we all had to be torn away from on departure yesterday.
In an earlier review there was a few little niggles, I can confirm there was no such issues during our stay, atleast 2 hair dryers were provided in bedroom cupboards and the fridge and all facilities were fresh and spotlessly clean.
We loved the layout, gathering for breakfast in the mornings round the big table in the kitchen/dinning room on the upper floor and spending our evenings relaxing on the comfortable furniture in the sitting room watching the sun go down.
Minutes walk away from the pretty shops and many other tourist attractions.
Couldn't have asked for a better place to spend a sunny May weekend, I've already been checking availability for our next visit.
Thanks again Moya,
Elaine Pearson & Family
We recently had a wonderful stay at Craigard in North Berwick. A beautiful house with bags of character it had everything we could have wished for . The weather was very mixed and at times cold but the house was toasty warm . The owner had ensured that stair gates were fitted prior to our arrival as we had three very young children in our party. The views from the sitting room and kitchen are spectacular. One of our highlights was watching the constantly changing weather through the large windows. The house is directly opposite the beach marvellous for the children who just loved it. A big thank you to Moya for all her help we would certainly stay here again .North Berwick is a wonderful place to holiday lots to do whatever age shops restaurants bars it has it all and the friendliest locals you could ever wish to meet. Highly recommended
Activity and Interests
Sea Front Villa on the 'Rivera of the North' North Berwick's East Beach. Enjoy uninterrupted views of the Firth of Forth across to Fife, the Isles of Fidra, May and the Bass Rock. A stone's throw to some of the best golf courses in Scotland.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
10 Sep 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
New Year 2016/17
29 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
7 Jan 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 8 guests; add £20 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
All costs are included. This includes, bedding, towels( though not beach towels) electricity, gas, broad band and sky tv.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Away From It All
- Activities Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Broadband Access
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking On Street
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Books - Fiction / Non-fiction
- Books for Kids
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- 20 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- There is a bathroom on each floor of the property. The upper floor has a luxury bathroom with separate shower cubicle. Towel radiators in both bathrooms.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, can be double or twin room
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, can be double or twin room
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed, can be double or twin room
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed, double bed can reduced to single size
- The beds in the 3 larger rooms are all 'link and zip' this means that they can be either king/super king size beds or single beds depending on your requirements. The Single room also has the possibility of being pulled out to make a cosy double bed. If you have an extra guest or two you are also welcome to use the sofa bed in the sitting room.
- As the property is on the 1st and 2nd floors of a sea front villa, it does mean that the views are wonderful and uninterrupted, but it also means that there are quite a lot of stairs: so for those with very young children we have stair gates available. We would also like to point out that it may not be best suited to those with mobility issues. We like to welcome you with a taste of products from the local area. You will find enough of everything to get you well started on your vacation, from coffee and tea to soap and laundry products. Here are a few comments from guests that stayed at Craigard this year: May2012 'Great weekend visit. House location is first class as are the facilities in the house. Will most certainly recommend this house to our friends' The Mcleans, Ross's and Slaters July 2012 'We would have paid for the views alone! Lovely feel to the house, spotlesslesly clean and great attention to detail, we feel we had a long relaxing holiday even though its only been a few days. Good Luck with the venture!' J Hunter and family July 2012 'Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.Very well equipped flat. Girls enjoyed the DVDs-nice touch- as well welcome pack. Great Location. We will definately be back. Many thanks' The Johnstone family July 2012 We arrived in a rain storm and woke up in brilliant sunshine. The sea views are magnificient. Very relaxing!The flat was extreely comfortable and the beds extremely so Many thanks Alice Clegg July /August 'Thank You Really fantastic comfortable house. The views oo la la! The beds OMG The weather has been great, lots of beaches around north berwick, North Berwick beach the best.' The Buckley Connollys August 2012 'fantastic time just a shame we couldnt have stayed longer. Fantastic house and would love to come back, The Clarksons'