House in Caithness, Watten, Scottish Highlands, Scotland - Village Shop Next Door One Minute Walk From The Village Pub
Located in Watten, this is the ideal location for a Caithness Holiday. Can cope with party’s of up to 7 people it is also ideal for couples family's looking for a real home from home experience.
The owner works in Europe and the house is used by family and friends as a holiday home. You are more than welcome to come and stay as well.
It is a family retreat but we like to keep the place up to a professional standard. The house will be clean beds made and heating on when you arrive.
WiFi free BT hotspot. Mobile phone coverage, signal strength is a bit poor in Watten, but you can always get a signal at the front of the house and most people head to the porch to make a call.
About the Owner
Me I am a 50s something guy and I work abroad. I am loathed to give up this family home as we all use it thought the year so we decided to offer it as a rental to cover some of the costs of ownership. We like and hope you will as well. Stuart
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The house lies 5 minutes walk from Lock Watten one of the best stocked fly fishing lochs in Scotland. Wick river also runs through the Village try for a slalom in one of the local pools. Head to Scrabster for deep sea fishing with world record Halibut or try Dunnet beach one of the best beach casting beaches in the UK. The county is a fisherman's dream.
Do you like to paint, try the conservatory great light and easel provided.
Astronomy, some of the best dark sky's in the UK. We have access to an old farm house 5 minutes drive away. 0% light pollution.
Some of the best beaches in Scotland lie around the Caithness coast. All with 30 minutes driving time.
2 hours driving from Inverness.
Wick Airport is 20 minutes away by car.
Or take the Train to either Wick or Thurso.
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 May 2015 - 31 Dec 2015
4 night minimum stay
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (British Pound), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner.
Please contact owner.
Notes on prices:
Pricing is variable. Dependant on length of stay and number of people staying. Drop me an email for a quote. Any guests willing to cut the grass get a £20 discount. Minimum stay is usually three nights.
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- 1 Bathroom,
- 1 Separate WC
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1. Standard Bathroom. Including Bath and Boiler feed Shower. Toilet 1. Toilet and wash hand basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom: Large new double. Bedroom 1: Two small singles, only really suitable for Children. Bedroom 2: Double new sofa bed Bedroom 3: Large bedroom with one single bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: You will have sole occupancy of the house. The caretaker will let you in show you around and is on hand through out your stay. He lives 2 minutes walk away. Outside: Large extensive garden. Space for 5 side football in the back garden. Enclosed sun trap at the back door ideal for a barbecue. Out door table and chair and barbecue equipment in out house. Utility Room: Small room of living room. Contains Iron, hoover etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaner maid available at extra cost. Linen, towels available. Other: There is usually tea, coffee, sugar and some basic food stuffs in the house. Depends a lot on what the last guest has left and used. There is also usually a mix of drinks in the house. So if you use something please replace it for the next guest.