Country House in Anoyira, Limassol district, Cyprus - At The Edge Of The Village, Within 15 Min Drive To The Beach, In Stunning Unspoiled Countryside
This beautiful traditional property has been restored and extended by the architect owner, retaining the charm of the original 100 year old house and incorporating all modern amenities. The original "makrinari" structure was converted to an entrance hall and 3 bedrooms. A 4th bedroom was added, accessed by stone stairs from the front paved garden. The front yard gives access to the village street. A large extension is at the rear, linked to the original building by a few steps. The extension contains a fully equipped kitchen, a breakfast counter, a dining area & a spacious sitting room. French doors from the sitting room open onto a deep veranda with upholstered seating, and an outside covered dining area. The veranda overlooks the pool and terrace. Stone paved paths lead to the lawn and orchard. The front yard has access to the village street. There is a covered double car port and a paved driveway from the back of the property. There is A/C, central heating and wi fi.
Top Traveller Review
A great house
About the Owner
We are a recently retired couple living in Nicosia, Cyprus.
My business man husband is Cypriot, I am an English architect. I have specialized in renovating old houses on the island. When we found the old house in Anoyira I was thrilled to be able to rescue it and create a lovely family home. We stay at the village house most weekends throughout the year where we enjoy walking, gardening and entertaining.
The house is full of original works of art by local artists and by my artist parents and friends.
Our son and daughter live in London & Nicosia are frequent visitors with our grandchildren, so we keep the house well equipped for children and young people.
This is our home but we enjoy travelling abroad so we are happy to rent out the house for several weeks a year.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We've had the best holiday ever and we absolutely love your beautiful place.
Everything has been perfect. We will love to come back. Eckholdt/ Grontved
We really had a fantastic time, everything was perfect. Like living in the nicest home with the nicest garden in the perfect climate and on top of that being on holiday. Diana Michaliova June 2012
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
A great house
Idyllic home away from home
The garden contains fresh herbs as well as a swimming pool and the kitchen is fully equipped for the keenest chef. Located only a four or five minute stroll to the centre of the village, but enjoying the most beguiling of views across idyllic countryside and the sea.
We were besotted with the property and its very kind owners and genuinely sad to leave at the end of our stay. Certainly, we would recommend it in the highest possible terms to anyone with an interest in quality and authenticity. It is an away-from-it-all oasis for those who like to cook and are happy to drive 15 minutes to a restaurant - do not choose this if your idea of heaven is being surrounded by busy bars and restaurants!
In summary, we felt the dilemma - do we honestly say how wonderful this property and the owners' generosity and communication were...or do we selfishly keep it as our secret?! In fairness, we had to share it and would happily award 10 stars if available...just don't tell everyone!
We are encouraged and motivated by this wonderful review.
A perfect family getaway
The outside space is beautifully landscaped, from the front stone courtyard with traditional stone ovens to the lush lawn and the pool, terrace and veranda at the back - just idyllic. The house has all the amenities we needed, including the impressively stocked kitchen, laundry facilities, Wi-Fi, TV, iPod dock... the list goes on. The village of Anoyira was fantastic, and all the people we met there were so welcoming. We chose to have our wedding reception at the Anoyira Restaurant, the local taverna where the food was fantastic and the landlady, Effi, absolutely wonderful. We met lots of people who return year after year, and it is not difficult to see why.
The owners of the house made us feel completely welcome; I will never forget the out-of-this-world spinach and feta pie and tomato salad that was waiting for us when we arrived on our first night. Even before we arrived, Rachel was so helpful in making suggestions and putting me in touch with the local taverna so we could make plans for our wedding before we arrived in Cyprus. And last but not least, the house was an absolutely perfect backdrop for our wedding pictures - I could not have asked for a better place to be for my own big day. We hope we will have an opportunity to go back to stay at the house again and would not hesitate to recommend it for a family that wanted to experience a taste of rural Cyprus.
We thank Alison for her review and we look forward to meeting them again one day
Rachel and Andreas
From the Owner
“It is in an unspoilt area of Cyprus and a living working village. In the Spring the fields are full of wild flowers, including orchids, and when the almond blossom is out it is magic. There are crops of carobs, olives, grapes & almonds. The local villages are mostly unspoiled with working wineries and farms. The summers are cooler than the coast - the village is 500m above sea level. There are wonderful walks from the house and fine views of the sea and a deep ravine above the village. Paramali beach nearby is the island's kitesurfing center though deserted when there's no wind!i The popular resort area of Pissouri has all the usual attractions & Kourion beach shallow sandy beach (30 mins drive) is perfect for small children. For us however the house offers a tranquil comfortable ret”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The famous Cypriot engraver Hambis has a print museum and school in the spectacular village of Plataniskia only 10 minutes drive away.
The Oleastro olive press, museum and theme park in the village is only 5 minutes drive from the house and provides extra virgin organic olive oil of the best quality, from olives in the region.
The village is one of the few places on the island still producing a chocolate-type sweet bar (pastelli) and syrup from local carobs, and there is a carob museum and factory in the village centre.
The village is also proud of its organic goat and sheep farm making local halloumi cheese and yogurt as you will never taste anywhere else in the world. Finally, our local winery, La Noyerre, prides itself as being the oldest local independent winery in Cyprus.
In the summer months there are various festivals and other events in the village square.
15 min drive to the quiet sandy Avdemou Beaches (Melanda & Kyrenia) both with popular fish tavernas.
15 min drive to the deserted sandy beach of Paramali, popular for kite surfing.
20 mins drive to the popular tourist sandy beaches of Pissouri with a 5 star resort and spa hotel, a large variety of restaurants and tavernas, and water sports.
30 mins drive to the sandy beach of Curium within the British Sovereign area, with three modern restaurants and complete shower / changing facilities.
Paphos airport is a 40 minute drive.
Larnaca airport is 70 minutes drive.
Car hire (strongly recommended) is available at the airport and driving instructions to the house will be provided. We can arrange pick up on request.
Taxi service at the village is available.
There are two convenience stores, a restaurant and cafe/bar in the village centre - about 5 min. walk from the house.
Larger shops, bakery and food take-away in Avdimou village, about 10 minute drive.
Petrol, large supermarket, chemist and ATM at Pissouri village, about 20 min drive.
City of Limassol is about 40 min drive, Paphos about 45 min drive and Nicosia about 75min drive
We provide all basic food and drink, in the house, and usually a simple meal for your arrival
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Mar 2015 - 30 Jun 2015
7 night minimum stay
1 Jul 2015 - 31 Aug 2015
7 night minimum stay
1 Sep 2015 - 31 Oct 2015
7 night minimum stay
1 Nov 2015 - 1 Mar 2016
7 night minimum stay
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (Euro), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.
- Booking Notes:
A 50% deposit payable at the time of booking. The deposit is refundable only in the case of an alternative booking being secured or if the cancellation takes place at least 6 weeks prior to arrival.
The balance payable at least four weeks prior to arrival.
Payments by cheque or bank transfer by arrangement.
There will be an extra charge of 100 euro a week for each additional person in excess of 8 people, child or adult.
Prices are in euros per week.
Notes on prices:
From 950 euros per week
Discounts for a small number of people
There will be a charge of 100 euro a week for each additional person
in excess of eight.
From the Owner
“The village is friendly with a healthy mix of British expatriates and locals. There are 2 shops, 2 restaurants and a cafe /bar. We enjoy walking in the village through narrow cobbled streets. Our visitors enjoy trips to a nearby donkey sanctuary at Vouni village, the excellent bird park beyond Paphos, the Greco/ Roman antiquities in Paphos and Kourion ancient settlement and theater. Omodhos village (15 min drive) is very picturesque with a stunning monastery. The drive to the cool Troodos mountains is rich ancient churches and resort villages. But our visitors, like us, mostly prefer to stay around the house relaxing in the pool and the deep shade of the terrace.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- 3 Bathrooms
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower/wet room and separate WC between next to main bedroom. Shower/wet room and separate WC between guest room and children bedroom. En-suite shower room /WC to first floor bedroom. Outside shower by the pool.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrms.)1 kid's bed pulls out, 1 bunk Notes on bedrooms: Main bedroom with dble bed. Children's bedrm. with 2 singles +1 under and a bunk bed. Additional cot available. Guest bedroom with dble bed, also accessed from front yard. 4th dble bedroom on 1st floor access from front yard via external stone steps.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is particularly suitable for families. Children enjoy the huge lawn, the large paved areas and the pool with shallow steps and shade over. There is an easy to operate safety pool cover. There are several wheeled toys, indoor games and toys and pool equipment for children (including baby monitors!). Child friendly beaches are minutes away by car. There are many attractions within a 45 min drive including water parks, small zoo. Resort hotels, water sports, donkey sanctuary and a large playground at Aphrodite Hills. All rooms are centrally heated and air-conditioned. There is Wi-Fi in all rooms. Outside: The secluded, south facing, front yard with gate to the street has stone walls and paving, fruit trees, a large renovated bread oven, kleftiko ovens, the original stone outhouses, a deep entrance porch and seating with a table. Ideal for quiet sunbathing and reading. The pool area, behind the original building, has an outside shower, mature planting with palm trees, 6 sun loungers with mattresses, and a number of sun umbrellas. The deep living room veranda with upholstered seating and ceiling fans overlooks the pool. There is an electrically operated awning for continuous outdoor shade over the seating area. There are two wooden tables outside seating 6 and 10 people. A new awning 4 x 10m shades the large table Beyond the pool area is the large lawn with fruit trees, ideal for children's games. The rear entrance from the back lane has a paved drive to a double covered carport beside the house. There is a charcoal BBQ, a gas BBQ and two outdoor wood-fired ovens for kleftiko. Utility Room: Cold drinking-water dispensing machine, washing machine, second fridge/freezer. Back door to yard for clothes lines and bins also charcoal and gas BBQs. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels for bath and pool/beach and bed linen are provided and changed once a week. Cleaning once a week and additional maid service on request at 7 euro per hour. Pool cleaned twice a week Other: Spacious entrance hall linking old and new buildings. Access to WC.