Townhouse in Parcent, Jalon Valley, Costa Blanca North, Spain - Beautiful Views, Great Walks, Friendly Neighborhood And Lots Of Local Atmosphere
This lovingly restored 3-story townhouse (with basement suite in the converted wine cellar) offers the charm of its location in the middle of a tiny Spanish town, along with colorful, funky interior design and all the modern amenities. With three bedrooms on separate floors, each with its own bath, it's a perfect retreat for individuals, couples or families looking for peace and quiet and a taste of real Spanish culture, while exploring the beautiful Costa Blanca. First- and third-floor balconies offer truly amazing views of the surrounding countryside, with terraced orchards and dramatic mountains and in the evenings there's no sound but the nightingales.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The Jalon valley is an extremely popular destination for walkers, hikers, climbers and cyclists. Local wine tours are also popular.
The beautiful beaches of the Costa Blanca are only a 20-30 minute drive away with everything from secluded rocky coves to mile long stretches of white sandy beaches. The popular seaside resorts of Denia, Calpe and Moraria are only a 25 minute drive through the picturesque Jalon valley.
Both Alicante and Valencia airports are about 100 Km away and a little over an hours drive. The main toll road links both cities and is only 10 kilometers from the town.
Rental cars are available cheaply from both airports and to really be able to explore the local area a car is recommended.
Valencia and Alicante are 100 km (approx). Guadalest Castle is 20km through the mountains. Port towns of Denia and Javea are 15km (approx). Jalon/Xalo market town is 6km.
Parcent is a quiet place, but has plenty of facilities: there's a small supermarket, two bakeries, a few bars, a local workman's cafe with decent, cheap food, and several excellent restaurants that draw customers from all the neighboring towns. The local wines are cheap, and well worth a taste!
The house does not have internet -- it's meant to be a getaway, after all -- but there is a local bar 1 block away with free, fast WiFi and good coffee, so you are only as out-of-touch as you want to be.
There's a little village market every Monday, a public swimming pool and, should one need it, a medical center. The people in town are very friendly, and the atmosphere is great for relaxing and getting away from it all but there's plenty to do in the surrounding area.
- Booking Notes:
Rates include cleaning at the end of your stay. Booking is accepted on receipt of 25% deposit, with the balance to be paid 2 weeks before the arrival date. A £200 fully refundable damage deposit is required with your final installment.
Changeover day is flexible, depending on availability; weekends preferred.
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 adjacent to bedroom 1 has w/c bath and shower. Bathroom 2 adjacent to bedroom 2 has w/c bath and shower. En-suite bathroom 3 has w/c and shower.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6-8 (3 bedrooms, pull-out sofa) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Extra double sofa bed in lounge.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation comfortably sleeps 6 with the extra sofa bed providing accommodation for kids or visiting guests. Each bedroom has access to its own bathroom and seating area. The upper bedroom has direct access to the upper terrace and a Juilet balcony to the street with a view of the church. The kitchen gives on to a breakfast terrace with superb views over the Almond groves to the mountains. The basement suite includes the bodega/cave seating area and is perfect for noisy teenagers or parents wanting to squirrel themselves away! Outside: The property has two private terraces overlooking the valley and the mountains. The kitchen terrace has seating for 4. The upper terrace has seating for 4 and extra deck chairs. Utility Room: Washing machine (in kitchen); iron, ironing board and drying racks; extra gas heaters for cooler months and fans for summer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linens are included; house is cleaned and linens changed before each rental, and can be cleaned/changed on request (for a small fee). Other: There is a 6-seater dining area on the ground floor and an alternate dining space on the terrace off the kitchen.