House in Preggio, Unbertide Area, Umbria, Italy
Casa Pugnanella has a rustic charm that is nestled in the Umbrian countryside. A white road, (1 1/2 km long) leads to this traditional farm house which has been renovated, boasting modern conveniences, yet somehow retains the element of bygone years. The farmhouse is fenced and gated. The entry is lined with cypress trees leading to the circular courtyard and entrance. Shuttered windows all with screens open to breathtaking views. The pool is conveniently located with comfortable loungers to relax and take in the panoramic views of the Umbrian hills. Upon entering the villa, the first floor consists of the well-equipped kitchen, dining room (seats 10), bedroom, bathroom(for those who may have difficulty with stairs), laundry room and a large living room with fireplace and French doors that open to the garden. The second floor consists of 2 en-suite bedrooms, another bedroom and bathroom and an office; all which reveal the magnificent view that captures the heart of Italy.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Casa Pugnanella is lovely, comfortable, with large spacious rooms that are beautifully decorated. If features a kitchen that is every cook's delight. It has a large swimming pool and fabulous views of the countryside. The villa is also near a train station which made a trip to Florence very easy. All in all, it is relaxing place to collect wonderful memories. Our visit could not have been more perfect. We will return. Thanks for your hospitality." Dan and Faith Boudreau, USA
"Our time at Casa Pugnanella was incredible. We were able to take day trips to Florence, Sienna and return every evening to shop at the local market and prepare a true Italian dinner in the fully equipped kitchen. The pool was enjoyed by our teenager while we could be entertained with the satellite TV. The seclusion creates a feeling of opulence of an aristocrat Italian."
James W. Brock, USA.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Market Days: Take place in the morning. Passignano: (11km) Saturday, Umbertide: (14km) Wednesday, Cortona (25-30 minutes) Thursday and Saturdays, Citta di Castello (50 mins) Thursday and Saturday(shops here stay open till 11:00 pm on Thursday), and Assisi(50 mins) Saturday. Umbria has many festivals throughout the year. Not to be missed. Please inquirer about the possibilities of festivals during your stay.
Lago Trasimeno is 11km from Pugnanella, which provides water sports and beaches activities. Boat service to the Island of Maggiore and Castiglione del Lago. Casa Pugnanella is centrally located which makes the coasts in either direction about 2 to 2.5 hours away.
Rome Airport: 2.5 hours
Perugia Airport: 40 minutes.
Florence Airport: 1.5 hours.
Ancona Airport: 2 hours.
Passignano train station is 11km from Pugnanella(easily accessible to Florence). Car recommended. Driver can be arranged(separate cost).
Pugnanella is located 4km from Castel Rigone and Preggio. Both villages provide grocery store(alimentare), restaurants, bars, and pharmacy. A lovely park area is 2km from the house and provides swimming, sand volleyball, picnic area, restaurant and bar. Passignano on Lago Trasimeno is 11km and Umbertide is 14km, both are full-service towns. The house is 10km from major highways, which makes visiting Cortona, Perugia, Assisi, Gubbio, Spoleto, Orvieto, Florence, Siena easily assessible.
Casa Pugnanella is located in the Umbrian hills, the surround is beautifully landscaped and lends itself easily to walking amid the flowers, olive and fruit trees. Beyond the hills are truly alive with the sound of the church bells of antiquity.
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Mar 2015 - 30 Jun 2015
7 night minimum stay
1 Jul 2015 - 19 Sep 2015
7 night minimum stay
20 Sep 2015 - 17 Oct 2015
7 night minimum stay
18 Oct 2015 - 30 Nov 2015
7 night minimum stay
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (Euro), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.
- Changeover Day:
Rentals are usually Saturday to Saturday. Arrival times are between 2-6 pm and departure time is at 10m. For flexibility and special arrangements, please contact owner.
Notes on prices:
Rental period is from April thru October. Possibilities for winter rentals please contact owner. Prices for the rental are in Euros.
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- 4 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 En-suite Bath, tub, shower, toilet, bidet and basin Bathroom 2 En-suite Bath, shower, toilet, bidet and basin Bathroom 3 Tub/Shower, toilet and basin Bathroom 4 Shower, toilet and basin
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 large room with Queen size bed, en-suite bath. Table & chairs, great for morning breakfast. Bedroom 2 large room with Queen size bed and en-suite. Bedroom 3 large room with twin beds. Bedroom 4 (1sr floor) with Queen bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Gas range/oven, (2) fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washer and dryer, iron/ironing board, central heating, cot, private pool, (3) hairdryers, curling iron, phone/wireless internet, outdoor grill, screens on all windows, ceiling fans in bedrooms, utilities included (except phone), maid service(weekly), covered areas for lounging and al fresco dining. CD, Ipod player with a variety of CD's, fireplace, flat screen TV, satellite. Information on activities, tours and restaurants are provided. Francesca, house manager can assist with restaurants and activities arrangements. Pool toys, basketball (The town of Passignano provides a court to play), soccer ball, football and Bocci ball are available with an open field to play on the property. Casa Pugnanella is in the country side therefore a good car is recommended. Outside: The outside boasts the beauty of fruit trees (yours for the picking in season), olive trees, roses, lavender, and spices (for cooking). Alfresco dining is memorable with the view of the Umbrian hills and the chime of the bells of nearby hilltown churches. In August, the village of Preggio has classical musical concerts, which one can hear and enjoy in the evening from the garden. Utility Room: Utility room with washer and dryer, sink, extra refrigerator, iron/ironing board, and drying racks. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels provided, including pool towels and linens. Weekly maid service and linen change. Bath toiletries, and welcome basket for guests upon arrival. Other: Dining room, beautiful large Deruta table, seats 10. on 2nd floor is conducive to lounging or computer usage and a futon for additional person.