Casa Collina Villa, Near Gubbio, Umbria, Italy - Peaceful Countryside Location, Luxury accommodation. Four double bedrooms all en suite.
***Offers available during June and September 2015, please contact owner for details***
Perfect for families and large groups, Casa Collina is ideal for those looking for a relaxing break in a rural setting in the heart of Italy. Casa Collina offers a very high standard of accommodation, with travertine floors on the ground level and solid oak flooring in the bedrooms. It is equipped with modern luxuries and traditional stylish antique furniture. Set on a hillside amid olive groves and vineyards, Casa Collina is near the medieval town of Gubbio. It has good access to Perugia, Assisi, Florence, Siena and the facilities of Lake Transimeno. Riding, sailing, cycling and water skiing are available on the Lake. A golf course is 20 minutes drive away.
About the Owner
We are a working couple with two children in their early twenties. The Italian house project came about as a result of amazing family holidays spent in similar villas in the Cortona area. We were experiencing the ‘children flying the nest’ syndrome, and needed a new interest that would act as a diversion and steer our life in a new direction. We stumbled on Casa Collina almost by chance and after demolishing the old house, decided the best course of action was to have a fresh start. We are very pleased with the result and judging by visitors comments, others are impressed too.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Photos do not give this holiday retreat the justice it deserves'.
'The owners have been most helpful when planning our holiday'.
'Truly magnificent! Something here for everyone and perfectly positioned for visiting Umbria'.
'We appreciated having a house manager on hand to help our holiday go with a swing'!
'What an utterly glorious house! Beautifully built and finished and we loved the pool'.
'Thank you for such a memorable stay. I think we've all decided we would move in, in a shot if we could!'
'The house is fantastic, better in reality than the pictures suggest'.
From the Owner
“We love the area and feel it is in a good location. We enjoy the fact that the house is in a quiet rural place, but is not far from towns giving easy access for shopping, sightseeing trips.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Guests can be directed to activities, including yoga, pilates, cycling, sailing, walking, cookery courses, horse riding and wine tasting. The owners are happy to supply details about these activities.
Meals can be provided 'in house' by a local accomplished chef.
The owners are happy to recommend interesting day trips around Umbria,Tuscany and Le Marche regions.
The Lake Trasimeno is 30 minutes away (beach and water sport facilities).
Both Adriatic and Mediterranean coasts are 90 minutes drive away.
Nearest airports are Umbria International Airport Sant'Egidio near Perugia 45km. Ancona 130km,Pisa 160km,Bologna 180km, Rome Fiumicino 190km and Ciampino 175km International Airports and Florence International Airport 165km.Car hire available at these airports. Nearest A1 Motorway exits are at Fabro 20km for Rome and exit Chiusi 25km for Florence. International railway station of Chiusi 22km also hosts car rentals.
Umbertide 8 miles, Gubbio 10 miles. Perugia 28 miles. Assisi 31 miles, Ancona 67 miles. Siena 93 miles. Florence 98 miles. Rome 104 miles. Pisa 150 miles.
Umbertide has a mixture of medieval remains and modern developments. It is appealing as a busy thriving town where it is possible to experience traditional Italian modern culture. There is an ample selection of shops, supermarkets, restaurants, banks etc. Within walking distance of the house you will reach small bars where you can buy drinks and fresh pastries.Should you want Italian cuisine but not want to visit a restaurant, we can arrange for a meal to be prepared and brought in. The meal will be cooked on site using the best local ingredients and will be served and tidied away so the holiday feeling is still there!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
2 May 2015 - 26 Jun 2015
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
27 Jun 2015 - 4 Sep 2015
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
5 Sep 2015 - 3 Oct 2015
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (GBP), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.
Additional information about rental rates
- Fees No additional mandatory fees
Cheques or direct bank transfer. Deposit of 30% on making reservation, balance six weeks before holiday commences. A deposit of £300 is required in addition to the balance to cover breakages or damage and is refunded after final inspection of the property at the end of the let.
Usually Saturday to Saturday. Arrival times after 4pm and departure by 10am. (Changeover day open to negotiation).
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Additional Costs such as use of central heating will be charged in Euro or converted to sterling at the prevailing exchange rate. We can arrange pro rata rates for smaller parties in April, May, June and September.
From the Owner
“The house is a new building whilst having the charm of an old Umbrian farmhouse design. The house is situated half a mile off the main road from Umbertide to Gubbio, which is easily accessed on a well kept 'white road'. The house is equipped with everything needed to make a perfect holiday. The pool is filled with salt water, so has no strong chemicals in it. There are many good restaurants in the area, but should you want to eat in we can arrange for a meal to be prepared. The meal will be cooked on site using the best local ingredients and will be served and tidied away so the holiday feeling is still there! All visitors have been pleased to stay at Casa Collina. Paul and Anita our house managers are extremely thorough and ensure that the house is presented in a impeccable manner.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Private Chef
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- hunting small game
- mountain climbing
- 300 m²
- 4 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- There are spacious walk-in showers in each bathroom. The Master bedroom is also equipped with a bath. There is travertine tiling to complement each bathroom giving a stylish feel. The property has 4 en-suite bathrooms.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All four bedrooms are equipped with fitted furniture plus en-suite facilities. For extra comfort there are internal shutters and mosquito nets fitted to all bedroom windows. There are two folding guest beds if extra sleeping capacity is required.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is a quarter of a mile down a well surfaced ‘white’ road which is well maintained and easy navigable by an ordinary hire car. There is ample parking for several cars. If central heating is used,there will be an additional charge to cover the cost. Outside: Private salt water swimming pool 14x5 metres.Terrace by pool with 8 sun beds and a 10 metre long covered gazebo offering poolside sun shade. A further gazebo is adjacent to the pool offering shaded seating and table for 4 people. When relaxing at the pool-side one has a peaceful feeling of being surrounded by nature. There is a teak patio table and 8 chairs on the main patio. There is another table, 4 chairs and lounger on the second patio. There also other sitting areas which offer shaded seating at all times of the day. A table tennis table is located under the tettoia. There are extensive gardens and natural areas with quiet walking/jogging routes around the house and surrounding area. Plenty of parking space. Utility Room: The washing machine is located in the utility room together with ironing and cleaning equipment. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels included with cleaning once a week. Extra cleaning can be arranged if required. Pool and garden maintenance once a week. Swimming pool towels are provided. Other: The dining room seats eight people around a traditional Georgian style table. Three wood burning stoves, situated in the kitchen, living room and upstairs landing. Central heating for use in the winter. Double doors lead to loggia from upstairs landing.