Villa in Alora, Costa del Sol (Inland), Spain - Stunning Location With Views Over Mountains, Town And Moorish Castle
The villa is just 1.7km/25 minutes walk from town and has commanding views over the whole region. The spacious accommodation is spread over two floors with large outside terraces on each floor. The pool area has a Pool House, lighting and all round terraces. The land is fenced and gated and due to its advantageous position it is not overlooked and occupants can be sure of total privacy. The land contains several hundred olive and almond trees and abuts a beautiful mountain region with fabulous walks available directly from the house. Within the grounds are two ancient eras (threshing circles) which provide wonderful terraces with stunning views over this very special and unspoilt region of Andalucia. Herds of goats are still driven in the surrounding countryside and donkeys, horses and even Ibex are sometimes visible from the house. The summer evening setting from the terraces is quite magical with Alora's Moorish castle lit up as a centrepiece. Free WiFi internet access.
About the Owner
We purchased the land with a small goatherders cottage approximately 9 years ago and the house was built about 6 years ago. We have tried to maximise the views on this beautiful piece of land and build a very Spanish house that is both unique and interesting and now provides wonderful family accommodation and room for all guests to have a truly tranquil holiday.
We wanted the natural unspoilt beauty of Andalucia and to live in a Spanish community but not to be isolated or remote and we believe we have achieved these objectives.
Guestbook comments from the owner
This was truly one of the loveliest holidays we've ever had. We had such a relaxing time. Your house is beautiful, the house manager was very friendly & helpful. It was the perfect escape & we would definitely book again. P and K.
We're having the best time in your wonderful villa. It is clear you have put lots of love into it, great attention to detail, the gardens are beautiful. We will surely be back next year! The five from Manchester.
We had a lovely holiday, the pool was great; we really enjoyed doing the pottery. S and R
Activity and Interests
The nearest beaches at Malaga are approx 30 mins and there are a whole selection from Torremolinos to Marbella around 40 mins to 1 hour away.
Malaga is the nearest airport which is 40km / 35 mins. Alora has a good train service into Malaga but car hire is recommended to really enjoy the beautiful surrounding area.
Malaga 40km with Picasso museum, Alcazar, gardens and restaurant. Alora 1.7km with plenty of restaurants and bars.
El Chorro with lakes and gorge at 10km. El Torcal National Park at 35km. Granada 90 mins drive.
Alora has a large supermarket, several small supermarkets, a weekly street market and an abundance of really good small shops of every description, plus dozens of bars with great tapas and several restaurants.
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
15 Jun 2015 - 30 Jun 2015
7 night minimum stay
1 Jul 2015 - 31 Aug 2015
7 night minimum stay
1 Sep 2015 - 15 Sep 2015
7 night minimum stay
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (British Pound), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.
- Booking Notes:
25% non-refundable deposit on reservation with the balance 8 weeks before arrival,paid by bank transfer. A £50 per adult per holiday refundable bond is required on payment of the balance.This will be refunded to your bank 1 week after your return if no breakages occur. Cancellations 6-8 weeks before holiday commencement 50% will be refunded.3-6 weeks 25% refunded.Less than 3 weeks no refund will be paid.
Flexible. Meeting times and places can be arranged to help you and unless specifically requested arrival to be 4pm and departure by 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are in UK pounds per week for 4 people. Please add £50 for each extra person.
From the Owner
“For walking, climbing, for the lakes, the mountains, the flora and fauna, the wonderful climate and for the sheer natural beauty, this area is unsurpassed and yet it is a relatively short flight from the UK and a short drive from the airport.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- 3 Bathrooms
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with shower wash basin and WC. En-suite to bedroom 2 with shower wash basin and WC. Large en-suite / communal bathroom to bed.3 with bath, shower, wash basin and WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with King size bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside tables. Bedroom 2 with double bed, bedside tables and walk-in wardrobe. Bedroom 3 with double bed, wardrobe and bedside tables.
- Golf ...
- Outside: The gardens are extensive and are landscaped around the house with hundreds of flowering shrubs. The terraces are all around the house and on different levels to make good use of the wonderful scenery. The pool size is approx 11x5m and there is a double day bed in the Pool House. There is an assortment of outside furniture, chairs, tables etc. Lovely covered veranda with super views. Recently added is a walled badminton/softball play area with net. Utility Room: Large store area off the living room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and bedding is changed weekly. Please bring your own beach towels. Other: Outside equipment store for pool and terrace tables and chairs. The property is part-air-conditioned.