Farmhouse in Perigord Vert, Bertric Buree, Dodogne, France - Rural, 2km From Village Of Bertric Buree
The Farmhouse is in the countryside near the village of Bertric Buree in the Perigord Vert, with its rolling hills, fields of sunflowers and slower pace of life. It has the advantage of being closer to the channel ports than the more crowded Bergerac area. Whether you just wish to relax or be more energetic there is much to do for all ages. Lazy days canoeing on the local rivers with dragonflies landing on your canoe, picnics on the riverbanks, swimming in the rivers, local swimming pools or lakes, trying the local wines or more serious studies of the wine chateaux of Bordeaux and Bergerac. Cycling and walking, riding, golf and much more; from medieval towns, Romanesque churches, to the annual snail festival in the village. Numerous restaurants to try, fresh produce from the local markets for your BBQ and warm nights to count the shooting stars.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Great holiday again, we can't imagine a year without coming here. We still manage to find new places to visit, thank you.
A three generation family holiday & La Boiretie accommodated us all flawlessly. We have loved the free lake & river swimming & our evening BBQ's under the stars have finished each day in convivial mood, thank you for your very kind welcome.
Lovely holiday, great house & beautiful country. We enjoyed swimming in the rivers, playing badminton & eating your delicious figs. Thank you so much for your kind welcome & for all your help. We would love you come again.
Our first visit to the Dordogne & we had a lovely experience. The area is peaceful with lots to explore. We liked the location of the Farmhouse & had a good family holiday. The owners were extremely helpful & made it easier with their local knowledge.
Very well equipped house & barn. Enjoyable holiday. Great hospitality.
4.3 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Dordogne holiday 2013
Activity and Interests
We are about 2 hours drive from the great surfing beaches west of Bordeaux. Lac Le Jamaye is a large lake south of Riberac with safe bathing for all ages, canoes and pedalos for hire. It has cafes, a restaurant and children’s play area set in pine forests and is free. Riberac swimming pool, recently modernised, is excellent and there is a good public pool in Verteillac.
Nearest airport is Bergerac I hour, and within 2 hours or less are Limoges, Poitiers and Bordeaux. Channel ports: Calais 500 miles, St Malo 300 miles, Roscoff 400 miles. TGV Paris to Angouleme 2 hours. A car is necessary to explore the region.
2km from the village of Bertric Buree, which has a boulangerie and restaurant (recently re-opened) The market town of Riberac is 7km, with its popular Friday market, shops, banks, supermarkets and restaurants and big pool and river canoeing. Verteillac village is 5km with shops (Merlauds sells almost everything!), restaurants, pool, art galleries and riding nearby. Aubeterre, 40 minutes, is one of the prettiest French villages with its monolithic church and river swimming.
Bourdeilles and Brantome are medieval towns on the river Dronne and well worth visiting for their museums, rivers & scenic beauty. Nearby are the prehistoric caves Grottes de Villars which are less crowded than the more famous Lascaux. The nearby city of Perigueux has a medieval centre, recently restored, interesting shops and a mime festival in the summer. Bergerac and Bordeaux have old city centres and are a gateway to the variety of famous vineyards of the area and St Emilion of course.
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
2 May 2015 - 11 Jul 2015
7 night minimum stay
12 Jul 2015 - 5 Sep 2015
14 night minimum stay
6 Sep 2015 - 10 Oct 2015
7 night minimum stay
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (British Pound), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.
- Booking Notes:
A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking with the balance paid 2 months before arrival. Payment by bank transfer, UK cheque or if in Euros at the current rate of exchange and client paying any bank charges incurred. A separate security/breakages deposit of £150 is also required at the time of booking. An extra charge of £2 a day is charged for logs in the cooler months.
If you travel with Brittany Ferries I can get you a 10% discount; please contact me for details.
Changeover day is normally Saturday but mid week can arranged. Departure by 10am and arrival not before 4pm.
It would be appreciated if you would leave the property as you would like to find it.
Notes on prices:
Lower prices are for renting the House only (sleeping 6).
The rental of the House and Barn together (sleeping 12) is:
September to June £575, July and August £725.
Prices are per week in UK pounds. Frequent visit discounts could be considered. Shorter lets and different changeover days can be arranged with the owner.
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Large en-suite bathroom off the master bedroom with bath, WC and bidet. Downstairs is a second bathroom with shower, WC, basin and bidet. The Barn bathroom has a shower, basin, and a separate WC.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 and 6 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The Farmhouse has a large master bedroom with double bed. Spacious Bedroom 2 has twin beds and the big downstairs bedroom has a double bed plus a single bed. The Barn has a big main bedroom with double bed and the two smaller bedrooms have twin beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The bedrooms are spacious & airy. The sitting rooms have plenty of room for families & the courtyard has ample space for 12 to dine together. The courtyard gates can be shut providing a safe area for small children & the garden is large, for sunbathing, games and children to run around. There is internet access from May until October. Outside: The Farmhouse and Barn open onto a large courtyard which has a lovely old well and patio area for alfresco eating and barbecues, with garden furniture and umbrellas. The big garden has lots of space for children to play, parking for several cars, lawns and mature trees. Utility Room: There is a washing machine in the Farmhouse and also in the Barn. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and bathroom towels are provided. Please bring your own swimming towels. 2 travel cots and cot linen are available, also 2 high chairs if required. Other: Garage contains garden furniture, BBQ, log store, electricity meters and gas bottles.