Villa near Gaucin, Ronda Area, Andalucia - Private 13m Pool, Tennis Court Nearby
What first hits you is the total silence, apart from the occasional cow or sheep bell, and that view. Enjoying perfect panoramas,1500 ft up, over the Andalucian hills to Africa and the Mediterranean, this is a relaxing refuge at any time of year. The house is set within its own 2 acre garden on a working farm of 250 acres. A feature of the house is the 13m pool, heated on request. A well maintained tennis court is available within a 2 minute drive or walk. Riding can be arranged locally, and polo for beginners at Jimena, 20 mins. Some of Europe's best golf courses are 40 mins drive away at Sotogrande. Most shopping can be done within 10 mins at Gaucin or San Pablo where a variety of restaurants are available. The house, which features a piano, TV, DVD and CD player, WIFI connection , is maintained by a gardener and 2 dailys. There is a built-in barbecue aside the house. The cooler months Sep-Dec can be a lovely time to go with temp around high of 25c. and plenty of sun.
Top Traveller Review
Wonderful time in Spanish house
About the Owner
One time army officer, industry ceo, and own company, now aged 68 living in London SW 1.
Guestbook comments from the owner
20.10.11.We had a great week in your villa. The villa itself was faultless, the views stunning, the weather exactly as we would have chosen and our forays into Gaucin were all good fun. It was easy to switch off completely whilst the kids loved chasing grasshoppers, lizards and all sorts. Their highlight was the discovery of a praying mantis on the last day!
27.7.12. Just a quick note to say we had a fantastic time at your villa. It really is a very welcoming and comfortable house to stay in and the children loved the pool oand the wildlife. We would very much like to book it again so will be in touch in the future.
19.10.12 We've had a wonderful week - the weather has been incredible for the time of year.We love your house so much and will come back again and again,insh'Allah.
17.8.13. I would try and live here! It is truly sensational.
24.4.14 We had a fabulous time Simon, thank you. Hope to return next year !
2.5.14 Wow! We're in love with your place.Thanks for renting it to us
4.8 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Wonderful time in Spanish house
Truly wonderful stay
Lovely Country House
Also, Gaucin has about 6 restaurants, possibly more. The quality is good. There are three more in San Pablo, ten minutes drive. El Estacion is particularly recommended.
Best Holiday Ever.
No problems of any kind with the villa, staff, owner or anything.
We were going to return in 2015, but were pipped to our chosen dates by some other lucky devils! Maybe next year.
From the Owner
“We built the property in 1985 as part of the La Almuna development of 12 houses. I fell in love with the site and area, as you will, at first sight. Incredible peace and solitude and what must be close to the finest view in Europe.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Polo can be arranged at Jimena, 20 mins drive.
Whilst the Mediterranean beaches can be reached within 40 mins drive, the best beaches are beyond Tarifa on the Atlantic coast, 90 mins drive, where some of Europe's best windsurfing can be found.
Fly to Gibraltar 1 hour, or Malaga 90 mins drive from the house. Car hire can easily be arranged at around 20 euros a day.
Ronda, 40 mins.
Seville, 90 mins.
Jerez, 120 mins.
Marbella, 45 mins.
Gibraltar, 60 mins.
Most shopping can be done locally in Gaucin or San Pablo, both 10 mins drive.
There is a very good fish market opposite the bank in Gaucin, open until midday
A cook can be provided on request.
Excellent takeaway dishes can be arranged.
Bonassim deli www.gaucindeli.com
Almuna Food Services ( Diana Paget 0034 952151200 )
check prices !
There are numerous restaurants to eat out . Recommend :
La Fuente Gaucin
La Fructuosa Gaucin
La Grenada Gaucin
El Atico, Gaucin
Estacion de San Pablo ( station restaurant )
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
28 Mar 2015 - 27 Jun 2015
7 night minimum stay
28 Aug 2015 - 30 Nov 2015
7 night minimum stay
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (British Pound), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.
- Booking Notes:
By application (email below).
Normally Saturday unless by arrangement.
From the Owner
“Charming, I hope, staff who have been with me for 23 years and are responsible for the day to day running of the house. Good management. The view, and sound of sheep and cow bells that break the silence The convenience of shopping within ten minutes drive in either direction. Wonderful walking and riding. Marvellous drives through the cork forests, and day outs to Ronda and other local white villages of Andalucia. Seville is a day out, although a long one.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- 3 Bathrooms,
- 1 Separate WC
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- 2 en suite bathrooms. 1 shared bathroom. 1 WC/Gents.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms). Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom upstairs with en suite bathroom, shower and private terrace. Bedroom 2 with double/twin beds and en suite bathroom. Bedrooms 3/4 with double/twin beds and shared bathroom.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Pool heating is available on request at £ 100 per week. Radiators are provided between October and May. The house is a family house suitable for children. Manuel, the gardener, speaks some English, is popular with tenants, and will willingly assist or advise in emergencies. A local English rep, Ines, will supervise your stay. Outside: The exclusive pool is approx. 13 x 5m. Heating can be provided on request at £ 100 per week. An outside terrace provides seating for 8 or more to relax and a dining table to seat 10. A further 8 loungers are down by the pool. There is an outside barbeque close to the kitchen. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron, ironing board. A clothes line generally ensures that washing is dry within the day. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and bathing towels are included. They can be changed on request or washed. A gardener, Manuel, comes to the house for 3 hours each day and 2 dailys, Marie Carmen and Francisca, twice a week for 1.5 hours.