Villa in El Campico, Lubrin, Almeria, Spain - Rustic, Peaceful Village, 30 Mins From The Coast
This tranquil setting lends itself to those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. El Campico village is 10 minutes from the sleepy hill town of Bedar which has all amenities, restaurants and bars. The property is a 5 minute walk from a country bar/restaurant serving great food. The village has deliveries of fresh bread, household goods and frozen foods every week and is only half an hour from the coast of Mojacar. There is a large outdoor terrace with small private pool and beautiful views. A covered outside dining area adjacent to the pool lends itself to dining alfresco and relaxing and enjoying a book in the Moroccan style seating area. The upper terrace boasts incredible country views and has chairs and table for extra seating. The property has a wood burner and radiators which is perfect for those winter nights, fitted kitchen with Bosch oven, fridge, microwave and TV. This rustic village is peaceful and unspoilt and a taste of ‘real’ Spain.
Top Traveller Review
Perfect holiday home
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Real rustic Spain in a beautiful and peaceful setting! We were very comfortable and impressed by the attention to detail. We look forward to our next visit. Recommended!'.
'We had a blissful time at the villa. Thanks for making it so beautiful, heavenly and superb. The villagers were so friendly. Our hosts were fantastic and the people at the bar were wonderful - great Sunday lunch with live music. The weather was amazing. Loved the beach at Aqua Amarga - great paella, the market at Lubrin - lush honey and goats cheese - and the musical goats in the village! We spent most of our time outdoors stocking up on Vitamin D.'
5 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
Perfect holiday home
Whatever we needed to make our stay comfortable from cushions round the pool to pots, pans and herbs in the kitchen.
We hate going to a sterile apartment where you have to rush out and get the essentials, it was all there and we just replaced what we used.
The villa was spacious with a large terrace (several terraces on different levels really) and fair sized pool. Beds comfortable with shower rooms adjoining both bedrooms. Dennis who was there to welcome us was extremely helpful and unobtrusively available. The villa overlooks a valley on the edge of a small hamlet; just a wonderful view to eat our breakfast. The locals were very friendly and their kids practiced their English on us. Road superb leading to the hamlet once we had got used to the hairpins, some wonderful view on the way.
Local towns were very Spanish and friendly, great food and markets. Good base for different coastal areas.
Being in the mountains there was always a cooling breeze so we never needed to use the fans. No problem with flies, a few mosquitoes disappeared with a citronella candle or two.
We will be going back and have never gone to the same place twice.
Perfect battery recharge!
It is an ideal honeymoon location.
The owners, Lynn & John are a delight to deal with - and the key holders, Dennis, and his wife are on hand to solve any issues, might they arrive.
The location is perfect for exploring, walking in the vicinity of the village, and only a short 25 minute meander (driving) down the mountain to the resort of Mojacar, with beaches, supermarkets, banks etc. Even Granada is drivable for a day out - Alhambra Palace - should you wish to leave the sanctuary of the villa's sun terraces!
If feels like going home when you arrive, and it is a wrench when you haver to pack up and fly back to the UK.
Thank you for the welcome pack on arrival - it's lovely to know you can have a cup of tea when you get there.
We look forward to our next visit.
Little piece of heaven
A very well equipped, clean and comfortable place to stay.
The outdoor space is very good, pool, sun beds, covered seating area overlooking some stunning scenery.
If you want peace and quiet this is the place to come.
El Campico is a tiny hamlet with friendly locals, dogs and goats! There is only one Restaurant/Bar, which is so good we ate there every night. And is five minutes walk away through the olive groves.
Excellent communication with the owners and Dennis the key holder.
I would highly recommend a stay here.
The outside terraces and pool are excellent with great views across the valley. The walking around the village is great, you can even collect your own free spring water.
We also highly recommend La Montana the meals are very good and reasonably priced.
The neighbours are welcoming and after a few days you feel part of the village and there was a special welcome from Dennis and Thelma who looked after and entertained us.
The countryside is ideal for walking by young and old, and following the goats to the Forgotten Village is an experience.
Wider afield, the area has much to offer with good shopping, markets and numerous good restaurants along the coast.
As regular travellers to Spain, we thoroughly recommend El Campico, as a great place to stay in a great area to visit. We most certainly will return.
Activity and Interests
The village of El Campico is exactly half an hour from the coast of Mojacar when driving. This coastline is unspoilt and is lined with plenty of beach bars and restaurants. There are other beautiful beaches in the natural park, Cabo de Gata which remain very popular with the Spaniards and are only 45 mins by car. One of these is called Agua Amarga and is a natural bay with only 3 restaurants behind it. There are shops and further restaurants within walking distance of the beach.
Almeria airport is 45 mins from the property. Murcia airport is approx 1.5 hours drive from the village and Alicante airport is approx 2.5 hours away. Car hire is essential for the rental of this property and can be arranged through the airport or via the Internet.
The village of El Campico is between the Spanish towns of Lubrin and Bedar. Both are sleepy white washed towns with all essential amenities: doctors, chemists and banks. There are some good eateries in these towns, and only ten minutes away by car. Taxis are available but not in great supply. Mojacar Pueblo, the old town, is just 30 minutes from the village and has interesting back street and shops and loads of character. This town is historical, enchanting and well worth a visit.
There are local markets in both Lubrin on a Wednesday and in Bedar on the same day. These sell fresh and locally supplied fruit and vegetables and other items such as clothes etc. There are all amenities within these towns including banks, chemists, bakeries, bars and restaurants. The village has weekly deliveries of bread, fruit, veg and other groceries and is a walk (long walk) to the nearest village of El Marchal which boasts a good restaurant with outside seating and French chef. The nearby town of Bedar is also famous for its views to the coast and restaurant in the main street with a roasted leg of lamb which draws people from miles around. In the nearby hamlet there is a friendly English-run bar and restaurant with live music fortnightly and excellent Sunday slow-roasted lamb or pork specialty (booking advised) which is a 5 min walk from the house. The area is famous for walking and bird watching and there are stables nearby with the opportunity to go trekking the nearby hills.
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Apr 2015 - 30 Jun 2015
7 night minimum stay
1 Jul 2015 - 31 Aug 2015
7 night minimum stay
1 Sep 2015 - 31 Oct 2015
7 night minimum stay
1 Nov 2015 - 31 Mar 2016
7 night minimum stay
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (British Pound), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.
- Booking Notes:
A deposit is payable on acceptance of booking of the property and the outstanding balance to be paid 2 months prior to commencement of booking. A breakages bond of £50 is payable with balance of booking. This will be returned once the property has been cleaned and checked after vacating, and all is in order.
We are flexible with booking and arrival times.
Notes on prices:
We would consider a discount for a longer winter let of one month or more. Prices exclude Christmas and Easter but are negotiable on request. We ask for a breakages bond of £50 which is returned after your stay and if everything is ok.
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The shower room next to Bedroom 1 is a totally tiled wet room with a walk-in shower, WC and sink. The en-suite bathroom has full size bath, shower, WC and sink. Both showers are modern and powerful with plentiful hot water.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has twin beds, a large wardrobe, dressing table/chest of drawers, bed side table and arched window. Shower room next door. Bedroom 2 with a double bed, built-in wardrobes, en suite and double doors leading to the garden and pool.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: This property has several steps leading down to the garden area. There is a pathway down the side of the property leading to the garden and pool area. The garden is gated and totally private. Regarding the terraces, steps in and outside of the property and pool, parents are totally responsible for the safety of their children in all areas however we do not feel our property is suitable for children under 5. We provide fans for the summer months and logs for the log burner which is in itself enough to heat the property during the winter months. Larger parties of 6 could be catered for. Details available on application. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure a safe stay the owners do not accept any responsibility for personal injury. This is a non-smoking property. Outside: The private pool is 5 x 2m and is suitable for children and adults. It can be illuminated at night, which is quite beautiful! (Ideal for honeymooners!) It is mainly used for cooling off in the summer months. There are small inflatables and floats for the pool stored in the pump house. All cushions for the seating area and sun beds are stored in the pump room. Adjacent to the pool is the relaxing area with Moroccan style seating and coffee table. There is also the outside dining area with chairs and large table to seat 6/8. An electric griddle is provided for those who enjoy outside living. Utility Room: Equipment included is all crockery, cutlery etc. Tea towels and towels. Fresh bedding and extra blankets for the winter. Fans are included in the summer rentals but rarely used. Wood is supplied for the log burner in the winter months. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Rental includes linen, bath, pool and tea towels. On request, can be changed weekly. House is prepared for your arrival and will be cleaned at the end of each rental. For longer rentals a weekly clean can be arranged for a small charge payable locally. Other: In the garden is an outside dining area which is partially covered and has a large wooden table and 6 chairs. There is also a relaxing area with seating and a spacious terrace with sun-beds. The views from here of the countryside are totally unspoilt.