Apartment in Albayzin, City of Granada, Spain - 5 Mins Walk To Centre, 10 Mins To Alhambra. Spectacular Views, Private Terrace, Arabic Bath, Parking
4 tasteful apartments to rent in a restored 18th century listed townhouse/carmen. Located as close as possible to the city centre whilst still being in the Albayzin, the charming old Moorish quarter of Granada, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Within 5 mins walk (300m) of Plaza Nueva as well as the cathedral where shuttle buses depart every few minutes up to the Alhambra. The central yet peaceful location means you are also a short walk from numerous shops bars and restaurants. Some apartments have spectacular views south of the Alhambra and Sierra Nevada mountains and most have private terraces so you can dine outdoors or relax in the sun. The renovation has aimed to fuse 18th century charm with 21st century comfort and style providing you with air-con/heating, WiFi internet access, DVD players, limitless hot water etc. Some apartments even an Arabic bath in the master bedroom to soak in after a hard day sightseeing or skiing, something few apartments in Granada offer. Parking arranged 40 euros per week or 15 euros per day in or private garage.
Details for holiday apartment Apartment 2A, 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, 1 Bathroom
Top Traveller Review
Comfortable and very central
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We just wanted to say that we had an awesome time in Granada! The apartment is lovely and well maintained. The location is ideal and, having stayed there, we have a greater appreciation for the Albaycin. Jamie was especially kind and helpful. He is knowledgeable about the area and very accommodating. We enjoyed ourselves and will return to Granada as soon as time and fortune allow. (Trish & Dan, May 09)
'Thanks for a great apartment, we had a brilliant break! I have to say the beds were really comfortable and the pillows also, which you don't often find in holiday homes! Everything was there for us, and we just loved it.' (Gilly and Arthur, November 07)
Thank you for a very nice stay at your apartment in Granada. It’s a cosy spot and a great location. Particularly liked the roof terrace which we made good use of, even in the middle of winter. (Tim Kaye, January 08)
4.8 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Comfortable and very central
Close, warm & comfortableClose, warm & comfortable
Great flat in the heart of Granada
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The owners are friends with some professional and well informed tour guides who have lived in Granada for several years and can offer our guests the following experiences:
- walks in the natural beauty of the Alpujarras.
- historical tour of Granada examining the indelible marks left by the three faiths.
- visit Guadix to taste wine and cured ham and see the cave dwellings.
- the insiders tapas bar tour.
- walks through the woods surrounding the Alhambra, once the hunting estates of the Moorish sultans with wonderful views over the city and to the high peaks of the Sierra Nevada.
Group sizes are kept to a minimum and tours are conducted in English. Further detail provided by email.
45 mins drive to the beaches of Granada´s Costa Tropical.
The apartments are accessible by car without needing an access pass. We have a private parking space 150m from the apartment that costs 15 euros per day or 80 euros a week. We can also can recommend a city centre car park that costs 40 euros per week.
Granada airport 20 mins drive, 27 euros in a taxi or 30 euros if you are picked up by our driver. Malaga airport 1 hour 15 min drive, buses from Malaga to Granada leave every hour.
The centrality of the apartments mean they are less than 5 minutes walk from numerous tapas bars and restaurants, the best of which the owners recommend in an up-to-date restaurant guide which is provided for the guests.
Granada´s main food market is also close by where clients will be able to find the best fresh local produce.
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
13 Apr 2015 - 1 Nov 2015
2 night minimum stay
|extra night: €122|
2 Nov 2015 - 26 Nov 2015
2 night minimum stay
|extra night: €109|
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (Euro), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.
- Booking Notes:
Contact via email to confirm availability and cost. 50% non-refundable deposit payable to confirm reservation, the rest payable on or 1 month prior to arrival. €100 damage deposit payable on arrival.
As the house keeper lives in the same building guests can arrive any day and at a time that suits them. Check out by 11am, apartment cleaned and prepared for occupation by 2.30pm.
Notes on prices:
VAT included, no extra costs for cleaning for 3 night stays or longer. Children sleeping in a cot no extra cost.
- Air Conditioning
- city centre
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: We have a 4th apartment with a separate advertisement on Ownersdirect ref S6918. More photographs of all apartments can be seen on our personal web site: sanjoseapartmentsgranada.com Outside: Apartment 2A has a private roof top terrace accessed by spiral staircase from living room. Outdoor table and reclining chairs provided for dining or sunbathing. Apartment 1B has a spacious terrace accessed from the living room. Outdoor table and reclining chairs provided for dining or sunbathing. Apartment 2B has a large torreon terrace typical of old buildings in Granada. It has a roof so you are protected from the heat of the midday sun in summer, but it is open at the sides which allows the sun to stream in during the mornings and evenings.