Farmhouse in Cortes de la Frontera, Nr. Ronda, Andalucia - Very peaceful rural location with absolutely Spectacular Mountain Views
This 17th C.'white village' farmhouse bordering the Guadiaro river is in a peaceful rural location down a country track. It has been sympathetically restored in the traditional style with contrasting interior paintwork, exposed stonework and flagstone floors. The ceiling is made of oak and chestnut wooden beams in the old customary way.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Feedback from a few of our guests:
"Our holiday at El Chopo Banda was excellent. We all enjoyed the time spent there and the area is stunning in its natural beauty. We will certainly recommend El Chopo to friends and family who want to visit Andalucia", Jill Williams. "We had a fantastic holiday and a brilliant time and loved everything about the place.We would recommend it to anyone,also just to say your managers Esther & Brett were very helpful and friendly,they couldn't do enough for us," Nick Hollands. I want to thank you for letting us stay at your beautiful farmhouse, we had a fantastic time, the kids loved the pool and there was so much room inside the property for us all", Sarah France.
1 holidaymaker review
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is 45 minutes drive away by car near Manilva.
Gibraltar is the nearest airport being an hour and a quarter's drive away. There are more flights to Malaga which is under two hour's drive away. Other airports within further driving distance are Jerez and Seville. Car hire or use of a car is highly recommended.
Cortes de la Frontera - 3 km
Gaucin - 25 km
Ronda - 25 km
Ubrique - 25 km
Cueva de la Pileta - 15 km
Cortes and Estacion de Cortes have a very good selection of shops. There are 4 supermarkets, 2 bakers, a locally grown fruit and vegetable shop, fishmongers, butchers, pharmacy and a 24 hour medical centre. There are numerous other smaller general shops selling local produce and gifts. There is a good variety of restaurants and bars serving typical, excellent local fare. The large choice of tasty tapas at Bar Santos and Bar Sevilla for example have no written menu so you can practise your Spanish! Puerta de Atra tapas bar with views down to the valley is particularly good. The area is ideal for country loving families with fishing, walking, tennis, horse riding, birdwatching, cycling, painting and photography to name but a few activities. The train from Algeciras to Granada (described as one of the 'Great little railways of Europe') stops at Estacion de Cortes en route to Ronda.
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Apr 2015 - 30 Jun 2015
7 night minimum stay
1 Jul 2015 - 30 Sep 2015
7 night minimum stay
Please Note: The owner of this property accepts payment in the original currency specified (British Pound), before use of conversion tool. The conversion tool is provided for your convenience only. The owner may accept other currencies if specifically agreed in advance.
- Booking Notes:
Booking by telephone or e-mail.
Deposit of 20% with the balance 6 weeks prior to arrival.
The pricing is for 4 PEOPLE ONLY, for between 5 and 8 person occupancy please contact the owner for the rates.
Saturday preferred but prepared to be flexible if it helps you to get cheaper flights and car hire.
Notes on prices:
Prices quoted are for FOUR PERSON occupancy for a week. For between 5 and 8 people occupancy please contact the owner for costs.
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 1 shower room with wc, washbasin and bidet. 1 shower room with wc and washbasin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. Bedroom 3 with double bed Bedroom 4 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The property has DAIKIN whisper quiet air-conditioning in the two upstairs bedrooms and room fans in the two downstairs bedrooms. There is a HERGOM log burning stove in the lounge for use in the winter months. The property is a no smoking house. Ideal for country loving families with many of the neighbouring farms keeping animals including chickens, geese, ducks, sheep, goats, horses etc. Outside: The two upstairs bedrooms share a spacious terrace overlooking the garden. The kidney shaped pool with cover and surrounded by lawn, is 11m x 5m and is 0.9m at the shallow end gently sloping from halfway to 2.0m at the deep end. It is open all year. The spacious partly covered cobbled terrace is shaded by vines and a medlar tree and there are sunlongers with cushions, chairs, dining tables and bespoke covered BBQ area with a gas barbecue. The garden has spectacular views up to Cortes and the mountains behind. There is plenty of shade including a large pergola. The terrace leads onto a large level lawned garden planted with quince, plum, apple, pear, apricot, cherry, almond, olive and even walnut trees! Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble-drier, drinks fridge, ironing board, outdoor games equipment. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels provided for house and the pool. The property has maid service once a week for cleaning and changing.